Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langenberg / Beaver Brands

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hi
OK, I like the hat, especially the crease, but ummmmmm, where in GAWD's name would I wear it???
Later
Umm, I don't know where you'd wear it. I wore it out and about for the routine grocery run.

One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unneccessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways.

Bertrand Russell

I've carried this quote with me for over 20 years. I'm not concerned what others think. This honey badger don't give a shit.

This was a new one to me: Arizona Sun:

4BC9C256-6B4F-416C-BADE-C403FD8E3FB9.jpeg
633D419B-BD83-4186-A44C-36CBD4882B05.jpeg
FA523979-0A57-4C57-9A0E-0270044E9AE8.jpeg
081BF7AA-B37A-4D18-9B5A-2E1BD3C471CC.jpeg
28E0190F-ED90-40F4-A8EA-86982A94E4F5.jpeg
0EBA2623-793B-4703-ABC2-E5EE132C0B69.jpeg

NOT my hat.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A few years ago I bought in the USA some hats of Beaver Brands from a seller who had participated in the auction after the collapse of the hat factory. The hats arrived and even if they are my size, so a 59 cm. or a 7 3/8 in US they are wide.
I never wear them for this reason, also because they did not work with a thickness of cork or felt. A great disappointment.
I have kept them so far excellently preserved and I want to show them to you.
Let’s start with what’s best on my head
BB Nero 1.jpg

American Legend size is 7 3/8 and it is a true size
BB Nero interno.jpg
This is the inside of the hat that I wore three times, more or less, in many years
BB Nero 2.jpg

Felt is thick and very substantial, the finishes are a bit approximative, but I think this depends on the difficulty of the manufacturer.
BB Nero 3.jpg

I confess that at the time I was a bit amazed by the little malleability of beaver felt, but I had his confirmation with a Stetson bought in the States. I learned to "master it" and my knowledge of felt and its characteristics increased
BB Nero 4.jpg

From the photographs you can see the small flaws on the brim, but the hat and its shape I really like
BB Nero 5.jpg

I must confess that this shape of the hat I like very much with the massive crown and flat brim, so much so that I had to give one to a friend who wanders in love with the shape not very common in Italy.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This Beaver Brands called "Classic" and its brother are my big disappointment :rolleyes:
bb-marron-7-jpg.321033

Both are size 59, but they are large for my head and even in the presence of cork or felt inside the sweatband they struggle to fit on my head, consequently they have been well preserved for years in a box dedicated to them
bb-marron-2-jpg.321034
Beaver Brands size 59 centimeters or 7 3/8 US about to be sold to Silver Spring MD came to Italy and rested here.

The beaver felt is very thick and finished with a slightly hairy surface, very nice to the touch and finished like its brothers with some approximation.
bb-marron-5-jpg.321036

The shape is rounded in the crown and the brims are flat, a very nice and elegant hat IMO
bb-marron-1-bis-jpg.321037

The color is a very interesting, a deep browm with some hint of subtle green

It is new and comes from the liquidation of the inventories of the glorious Beaver Brands/Langeberg

Pia Vindex

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I wasted some time trying to re-tie the threads of the Beaver Brand story.
I knew I had another one hidden somewhere, but I can't find it.
Blue 5.jpg

So here is one of my regrets, the size is marked as 59 centimeters ( 7 3/8 US), it must fits perfectly to my head, instead it is wide and not very wearable.
Blue interno.jpg
It arrived new after the liquidation of Beaver Brand/Langeberg last production
Blue 4.jpg

I like the blue color and its shape, a little less the felt which is like in its brown brother, a little too much shellac on it.
Blue 2.jpg

Too bad because I am still in doubt what to do with it, evrytime I got it in my hands I try to wear it and most of the time it does not work
Blue 1.jpg

Called "Classic" as the brown one it is here waiting for the sleepy summer:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider