Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Cascade Unfit compared with TWC at last and Real Mccoys Buco J-31

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
I have just received my Langlitz Cascade, the order was placed in 2022.09, took around 9 months, the leather is black horsehide and cost $2310, as I put on today, the outfit turns out disastrous. Then i took the measurements and found that the figures are far bigger than I request.

My blueprint of this leather jacket comes from a Japanese Langlitz Collector (instagram id: nrs_yshd). I sent his pictures to Scott from Langlitz, i thought his outfit looks great, then I could copy one with the same details, and the body and jacket measurements are confirmed by us through emails. But the result turns out unsatisfactory. I hereby would draw a comparison of my langlitz cascade with two horsehide leather jacket, Time-worn Clothing at last co, and Real Mccoy's Buco J-31 regarding the outfit and the measurements.

Here is the cascade horsehide jacket from the Japanese Langlitz Collector (instagram id: nrs_yshd), the jacket looks really nice and so is his outfit too. If interested you could check it out in his instagram.
langlitz jp 01.jpg

langlitz jp 02.jpg

Attachments

• langlitz jp 03.jpg
    langlitz jp 03.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 135

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
However, mine looks pretty weird at a first glance...it doesn't seem to have tailoring. It was like a mediocre leather jacket cost around $300-500 in the mall, but in reality it cost me $2310. I found it too loose and sloppy for me.

langlitz 04.jpg

langlitz 05.jpg

langlitz 01.jpg

langlitz 02.jpg

langlitz 03.jpg

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
Then I took a comparison with the leather jacket from time-worn clothing at last co and Real Mccoys Buco J-31, the following is the outfit for those two.
twc atlast 01.jpg

twc atlast 03.jpg

twc atlast 02.jpg

buco j31 01.jpg

buco j31 02.jpg

buco j31 03.jpg

Psant25

One Too Many
That is really too bad. It took me about 4-5 jackets from them ordering custom to get the fit right. Adjusting a little each time. They did one remake on them otherwise was on me bought new and sold off. Should not be that difficult of a process getting a good fitting jacket with a hundred measurements. The ballooning biceps is pretty common.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
Then I was stunning, as my langlitz supposed to be made-to-measure. My figures were repeatedly confirmed by me and Scott from Langlitz. So I reviewed my Order Form and took a measurement for the jacket and found out the jacket is way too large for me

My body measurements / the jacket measurements

Chest 104cm / 120cm
Shoulder 50cm / 50cm
Waist 92cm / 112cm
Lower hem 97cm / 102cm
Armhole 43cm / 50cm
Back body length I request 60.81, with 0.25-0.5 inch added at most is 61.5cm / 66cm
sleeve 61cm / 63cm
Forearm 28cm / 30cm
neck 41cm / 58cm

I found the chest, neck, waist and back body length are too large for me.

langlitz figures.png

langlitz measurement 01.jpg

langlitz measurement 04.jpg

langlitz measurement 03.jpg

langlitz measurement 02.jpg

langlitz measurement 06.jpg

langlitz measurement 07.jpg

langlitz measurement 08.jpg

langlitz measurement 09.jpg

langlitz measurement 10.jpg

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
Here is the figure comparison of langlitz with TWC and Real Mccoys, worthnoting that TWC and Real Mccoys are not made-to-measure

Langlitz / TWC / Real Mccoys

Chest 120cm / 108cm / 110cm
Shoulder 50cm / 48cm / 50cm
Waist 112cm / 100cm / 106cm
Lower hem 102cm / 100cm / 98cm
Armhole 50cm / 50 cm / 47cm
Back body length 66cm / 59cm / 61cm
sleeve 63cm / 60cm / 63cm
Forearm 30cm / 30cm / 30cm
neck 58cm / 51cm / 48cm

I cannot believe this is made-to-measure, the result is so disastrous.

图片_20230531111605.jpg

图片_20230531111611.jpg

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
That is really too bad. It took me about 4-5 jackets from them ordering custom to get the fit right. Adjusting a little each time. They did one remake on them otherwise was on me bought new and sold off. Should not be that difficult of a process getting a good fitting jacket with a hundred measurements. The ballooning biceps is pretty common.
Yeah, I in the beginning want to place a order for death's head cascade or 47 columbia, but I am afraid that the measurements screw up, so I took this cascade as the first cooperation with langlitz. Well, it did screw up.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chest 104cm / 120cm
Shoulder 50cm / 50cm
Waist 92cm / 112cm
Lower hem 97cm / 102cm
Armhole 43cm / 50cm
Back body length I request 60.81, with 0.25-0.5 inch added at most is 61.5cm / 66cm
sleeve 61cm / 63cm
Forearm 28cm / 30cm
neck 41cm / 58cm

This actually looks mostly right to me, and not like they got your measurements wrong.

16cm chest ease is pretty normal and desirable for a CHP style jacket like this. The shoulders are spot on.

The hem does seem a bit bigger than it needs to be, mostly because this jacket does not have a belt or side laces, which would fix the problem by giving you the option to make it tighter. However, it looks like it sits correctly on you.

While the length is more than you asked for, it looks correct for a CHP jacket, which is long in the back and shorter in the front.

Sleeve and forearm are spot on. Neck may or may not be too big. You need to wear it with the neck fully zipped to see.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Holy cow is that fit way off. It looks two sizes too big. And aside from the fit, it looks absolutely horrid. We've seen much better from Langlitz and it's difficult to believe that this came from them. Although I have personally seen some Langlitz jackets that didn't look nearly as good as their best, I haven't seen anything from them quite this poor.

It seems in hindsight building an inexpensive cloth jacket to test fit with would have saved a lot of money and aggravation.

How were you taking your measurements? And what sort of communication did you have with Langlitz as they worked on the project? Did they just take the numbers and produce it, or were there some question and answer back and forth?

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
This actually looks mostly right to me, and not like they got your measurements wrong.

16cm chest ease is pretty normal and desirable for a CHP style jacket like this. The shoulders are spot on.

The hem does seem a bit bigger than it needs to be, mostly because this jacket does not have a belt or side laces, which would fix the problem by giving you the option to make it tighter. However, it looks like it sits correctly on you.

While the length is more than you asked for, it looks correct for a CHP jacket, which is long in the back and shorter in the front.

Sleeve and forearm are spot on. Neck may or may not be too big. You need to wear it with the neck fully zipped to see.

I got a Starglove chp 1950s jacket, the cutting and fit is far better than this one.
chest 114cm, shoulder 49cm, sleeve 64cm, back body length 64cm, front 58cm, as it is a 1950s jacket, the leather is hard and dry, 114cm did work on me with a internal room around 106cm only i guess. Normally I prefer +6 to +8cm on the chest for me, and I did mark down that I only wear 1 thin t-shirt inside. I dont find it necessary to have a 120cm chest, plus its not a A-2 jacket but a motocycle jacket, right?
There are options for 'garment to fit' including very snug, snug, medium and loose, i spoke with scott and I picked snug for the body and very snug for the sleeve.
I dont even need to fully zip the jacket to see the neck, as you could see from my outfit, the collar is too far away from my neck.
Overall, the result is too disastrous to me.

starglove 01.png

starglove 02.png

starglove 03.png

starglove 04.png

starglove 05.png

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got a Starglove chp 1950s jacket, the cutting and fit is far better than this one.
chest 114cm, shoulder 49cm, sleeve 64cm, back body length 64cm, front 58cm, as it is a 1950s jacket, the leather is hard and dry, 114cm did work on me with a internal room around 106cm only i guess. Normally I prefer +6 to +8cm on the chest for me, and I did mark down that I only wear 1 thin t-shirt inside. I dont find it necessary to have a 120cm chest, plus its not a A-2 jacket but a motocycle jacket, right?
There are options for 'garment to fit' including very snug, snug, medium and loose, i spoke with scott and I picked snug for the body and very snug for the sleeve.
I dont even need to fully zip the jacket to see the neck, as you could see from my outfit, the collar is too far away from my neck.
Overall, the result is too disastrous to me.

View attachment 521710
View attachment 521711
View attachment 521712
View attachment 521713
View attachment 521714

I agree that they messed up; my point is I don't think it's the measurements. It's something else.

With that amazing Star Glove, though, I'm not sure why you ordered another CHP! Nothing will be as good as that.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
Holy cow is that fit way off. It looks two sizes too big. And aside from the fit, it looks absolutely horrid. We've seen much better from Langlitz and it's difficult to believe that this came from them. Although I have personally seen some Langlitz jackets that didn't look nearly as good as their best, I haven't seen anything from them quite this poor.

It seems in hindsight building an inexpensive cloth jacket to test fit with would have saved a lot of money and aggravation.

How were you taking your measurements? And what sort of communication did you have with Langlitz as they worked on the project? Did they just take the numbers and produce it, or were there some question and answer back and forth?
I found two of my friends to help me take my measurements, and i did watch the guidance and a video on youtube
to make sure my measurements are as precise as possible. Scott from Langlitz and I discuss about the numbers through tons of emails.
For example, my chest changed around 103-104cm, or my back body length around 60.5-61.75, I did email Scott to notify him about my changes and we finalized the numbers. And in fact these changes are minor compared to the final result.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
I agree that they messed up; my point is I don't think it's the measurements. It's something else.

With that amazing Star Glove, though, I'm not sure why you ordered another CHP! Nothing will be as good as that.
I gave that star glove to my friend, it's a fantastic jacket, it fit him perfectly too.
I originally want to place order for death's head cascade in horsehide, but Langlitz said no, either deaths head cascade in goatskin or other types in horsehide, they think it is my first time to place the order, they dont want to screw up with an expensive jacket. Okay, then I place order for a dress collar cascade this time, and DHC horsehide or something else then. And the jacket did screw up, I am not sure I would continue placing order from Langlitz. I need to see how they respond to my enquiry first.

Langlitz lost it. It is difficult to believe anyone involved in the production took a good look at the finished jacket and said "Yep, that's gonna fit well".

But the problem is Langlitz. That guy you linked to, one that inspired you to get a jacket... The thing is, his jackets don't fit him that much better. Yours is additionally botched up, with the ridiculous chest width and back length and overall bloatness that comes along with Langlitz' larger sizes but the reason why his jackets look better on him is because he probably wears a 38 or so.

Langlitz fits okay if you considerably under-size but getting one in a correct size more often than not turns out to be a disaster.

Judging by the numbers you've provided, you wear a size 42. What Langlitz did was they made you a modified 46, hence the crazy discrepancies between the numbers.

If you want my advice, return this thing for a refund, give up on Langlitz and go OTR. Bespoke is mostly bs, anyway. And a waste of money that in this case got you an ugly-ass jacket. Nothing on this thing speaks $2310, even if it did fit you well. Absolutely nothing.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
Langlitz lost it. It is difficult to believe anyone involved in the production took a good look at the finished jacket and said "Yep, that's gonna fit well".

But the problem is Langlitz. That guy you linked to, one that inspired you to get a jacket... The thing is, his jackets don't fit him that much better. Yours is additionally botched up, with the ridiculous chest width and back length and overall bloatness that comes along with Langlitz' larger sizes but the reason why his jackets look better on him is because he probably wears a 38 or so.

Langlitz fits okay if you considerably under-size but getting one in a correct size more often than not turns out to be a disaster.

Judging by the numbers you've provided, you wear a size 42. What Langlitz did was they made you a modified 46, hence the crazy discrepancies between the numbers.

If you want my advice, return this thing for a refund, give up on Langlitz and go OTR. Bespoke is mostly bs, anyway. And a waste of money that in this case got you an ugly-ass jacket. Nothing on this thing speaks $2310, even if it did fit you well. Absolutely nothing.
Yeah I normally wear size 42 for my leather jackets, and I am pretty sensitive to my measurements, so when I took the numbers for the cascade jacket today, I know they made a very horrible mistake. I heard that the Japanese langlitz collector is 188cm height with slim body, and there is a hearsay that leather jacket designed by langlitz Japan got a better cutting, so that bulkiness of the jacket seems less observable for him wearing. Plus Scott from langlitz told me that the Japanese gentleman's choice of garment to cutting is medium, considering he always wore a sweater or hoodie inside the leather jacket, I chose snug for myself and tried to foresee as mush factors as possible and avoid fxxkup. However the result still oops. I think I would ask for a return and refund as I spoke with a local tailor today, it's impossible to fix all the problems at this stage, the cutting was settled, if we downsize the measurements the whole pattern would-be completely different.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk