Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz just arrived... I guess I am a HH guy : (

dortiz

One of the Regulars
So it just came and of course faster than expected. So is it perfect. Yes. But I just like my Horse so much better. I just want another HH instead. Gonna list her in the classifieds and EBay. Just not my style between the recommended brass color and feel of the soft Goat : (
Finally learning what I really want. How about 775. Instant savings of 200 and no wait. Size 42.

DSCN0417.jpg

Last edited:

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Yeah, I know how you feel. My Langlitz rarely sees the light since I got my slimfit halfbelt. Really like the Aero FQHH.

If you're not happy with the brass, send it back and they'll change it out.

I have to give you credit - you know what you want and don't mess around. Good luck on the sale and, FWIW, I'm with you - I love the HH and Steer (not to mention the occasional Bison)

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Yup, soft was big mistake. I love my LW for a tough as nails riding coat and its warmer than the HD FXRG. For walking around that Aero is the bomb. Gonna get my collar fixed and or see if Will and Amanda will trade it for a plain back versus Bi swing so it can be my main wear around casual jacket.

D

Deleted member 16736

This thread is very timely: I'm grappling with the same issue from Langlitz and decided yesterday that horsehide was the only choice for me. Like you, I want a hefty jacket and horsehide fills the bill. I haven't received their cowhides yet, but I generally don't like the look of cow, especially vintage ones. Horse ages so much better. Unfortunately, with Langlitz it's a $1200 upgrade. My jacket order when I place it will be the 1947 Columbia with extra-long collar points and no belt loops. Plus I'll get the natural color mouton fur collar. I decided it's better to splurge on one great jacket than spend more money buying a bunch of less-than-great jackets that just sit in the closet or get sold. Which horsehide jacket are you buying now? The Langlitz is a fortune, but probably worth it in the long run.

IXL

One Too Many
I hate it that you don't like your new jacket, Dave. Is it a straight size 42, or did you have custom sizing in any areas? I wear a 40-42 reg. I've never had goat (I still haven't ordered from Langlitz yet, just can't decide on all the pockets or not), but I did change my mind and whatever I order will be cowhide, but I might consider yours. From the one photo you posted it looks like a nice jacket. Does the goat have any "body" to it?

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks, nothing worse than spending a grand and waiting only to be disappointed. I just sent my Aero back too to get fixed. The LW was and is perfect though. I do look forward to the Aero being a serious great piece. Fit wise it was the best. Crazy that I gave them the same numbers I gave Langlitz. yet...what a disaster. THese are the numbers as it came..far from what I gave??
Shoulders 20.5
Arms 26
Chest is 24 but taper down to 21 at the waist
Bottom of collar to base in back is 26
DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

Last edited:
hard to say. Maybe it's due to everyone asking for extra 1"-2" arm length and they just overshot it? At some point, all of the changes we ask for might affect they way they build a jacket. Also, if it's for riding, a longer sleeve is normal - to a point. My riding leathers are fairly long in arm length, but they zip down and are covered by glove gauntlets. I'ms sure they'll fix it fine - I'd send these pics to her for sure...

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Man I've been coveting a Langlitz as my riding jacket for years, I could never pull the trigger though. $750 is a good price, but I'm a measured 46 inch chest and 34 inch waist, I don't think the jacket would fit me, plus I agree I would've never gone with the soft leather, my riding leathers should feel like armor until naturally broken in over time.

My current jacket is FQHH and it is all I will buy now for my riding jackets. Leather I prefer HH or steerhide, I don't like soft supple leather at all.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
"but they zip down and are covered by glove gauntlets." Exactly!! We dont need longer sleeves when we use gauntlet gloves.

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I spent the better part of a day at Langlitz recently. I think that I prefer steer to HH, but that may just be me. The goat is nice too, but I like the patina that the steer delivers. What is wrong with the brass? That doesn't make any sense at all...

dortiz

One of the Regulars
There is nothing wrong with brass. They highly recommended it for being so much better. For some reason that big snap on the collar being solid brass color just bugs me. I am not a fan. Its nothing about being bad. Its realizing its not my taste. Things you learn shopping online versus flying over. I dont blame them for that. Turns out I dont like Goat and I dont like Brass hardware although I have a brass zipper on my LW but they do the snaps in black so its more low key and works for me. Design issue.
The fit has shocked me as I gave the same info to Aero and got a perfect fit and the Langlitz is way off.

Last edited:

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
If the Langlitz fit is off you can definitely send it back for alterations, he may even refund, reputation is everything to Langlitz. From those pictures the sleeves are way too long, I had this problem with a Vanson I briefly owned, ridiculously long sleeves.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Those arms fit like ass... that's a BIG bummer. can't you send it back on bad cut alone???

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Wow! Finally called John back. They are like the Nordstrom of leather. He did offer to totally re make it and also to fully refund the jacket. I am totally impressed. They are serious about not only making a great jacket but also about every bit of customer experience! You can't go wrong : )

dortiz

One of the Regulars
I re did them but they were similar. Langlitz told me they pad in certain areas and clearly that had something to do with it. I thought I marked snug but they said I marked nothing. Regardless they offered to retry or a full refund. I took the second choice. Why..well aside from horrible fit I hated the jacket. I thought the large brass snap looked dumb. The cut made it unappealing and nothing seemed the slightest bit appealing. Despite having my Aero redone it still blew me away when I saw it and obviously so has my LW. Dont get it all with the Langlitz. Just an ugly jacket and now I dont have to think about it all. No offense to anyone but i think its just a coat made for old fat people. Thats who seem to love them the most.
Next year its a mission for a Good wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner