Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Leathers customer services

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
I live within 20 minutes of the Langlitz shop. But I NEVER take my Langlitz jackets there for service - I go to the local Leather Lady who does a fantastic job on heavy leathers of all types. One time I went to the shop to get some swatches of leather for a repair by the Leather Lady. The clerk asked me what it was for - I told him and he said "Why don't you bring your stuff to us?" I wanted to tell him that my Leather Lady charges 1/2 as much - turns it around in one week and does a fantastic job - but at the risk of offending him I made up some story. I have bought some used jackets they sell there on consignment - overall they are nice folks.

...overall they are nice folks.

Fantastic folk who do a fantastic product. It's quite incredible a rather heavy leather jacket cam be so comfortable like theirs and that's something that's alone worth the price. If one happens to like the way they fit, I'd go as far as to say there's no point in looking elsewhere and I mean like EVER.

Colin G

One Too Many
Langlitz nailed my Timberline after I sent it back. The remake was perfect but the collar was crooked so it had to go back to get the collar put on evenly so 2 times was the charm. It is one of my best fitting jackets and I love it.

On the opposing side of the fence I did order a padded Cascade earlier this year but they just could not get it right for some reason so they refunded me. It was huge and about two sizes too large in the chest then not so huge the second time around but still too large so I just got a refund on it since they did not want to try and make it smaller a third time.

The same mid weight leather was used on both but my Timberline was more stiff and the Cascade much softer even though it was ordered one year later and was still softer new out of the box. The hide was not the same I don't think.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
No offence to the OP but if you order a size 60 jacket with a 30" backlength which is essentially a black leather tent and then return it, like what are they gonna do with it? Maybe give it with their kids for a camping trip or something I don't know. The jacket was made to your measurements to your specifications. You asked for a 30" backlength jacket that fits lose and you got a 30" backlength jacket that fits lose. Now they are stuck with a massive loss because you didn't know what you wanted in the first place. I understand them very well to be annoyed with that.

If I were Langlitz, I would ask customers that don't come in for measuring to supply pictures of themselves in a jacket that fits them well and the measurements of these jackets and then pick them a size based on that. There's no way their fitting policy is sustainable with people returning every second jacket and I am fairly sure in many cases despite being made exactly to spec given.

My Cascade which I bought used was initially a tremendous fit by the way and offered the best range of motion out of all leather jackets I owned. It now is too big but maybe the pictures of how it fit me when I was still 23 pounds heavier may still be out there. Jacket had like a 8" drop chest to waist so I certainly disagree with the assessment that the Cascade isn't a properly fitted style. I'll give it to the critics though that the leather is not the most aethetically pleasing. It's very durable though.

Colin G

One Too Many
If I were Langlitz, I would ask customers that don't come in for measuring to supply pictures of themselves in a jacket that fits them well and the measurements of these jackets and then pick them a size based on that.

I did exactly that plus they had my body measurements and pattern from my first jacket from them and they still got my Cascade pretty wrong. I even sent measurements of my Timberline plus photos of me wearing it and that still didn't help.

Next time I will get measured there at the shop and try for a Cascade again. I dealt with Benny on the Cascade and he was a really nice guy to deal with and it was a real bummer that the jacket did not work out. The leather was so nice on it. Although it was a hassle waiting, sending the jacket back, waiting again ect I have no hard feelings and would deal with them again.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's no way their fitting policy is sustainable with people returning every second jacket and I am fairly sure in many cases despite being made exactly to spec given.
I agree that this is not sustainable but I don’t think the answer lies with blaming the customer.
Like Colin G, I followed the measuring steps exactly and ended up with a jacket that was too tight. When I ordered my second jacket I reminded them of this and stated several times, through email and also phone conversations, that I would be happy with a more relaxed fit. The second jacket was still too tight.

ctdair

New in Town
Told my experiences in other posts before. I was on the phone with Langlitz several times while ordering my jacket. They did question my measurements for the front length. I compared to several Jackets I owned and like. They still questioned my measurements. Finally took the measurement on the bike I ride and they said that's better. Best Motorcycle jacket I've owned and feels like a second skin while riding. Hate wearing it when not riding , just feels wrong. But I bought it to ride not pose for pictures. Ordered a Langlitz for my wife and it was terrible. Fit was way off. I question whether it was made that poorly or perhaps a shipping mistake switched someone else's jacket. Langlitz tried to explain away the fit and didn't immediately offer a remake. Reluctantly the did offer that option but we chose to just go for a refund. Still cost $100 since shipping from them not refunded and shipping and insurance back to them was on us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24