Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Leathers Death's Head Cascade

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please post the photos when you got the navy blue columbia.

How would you compare your Langlitz to your LW?

Lost Worlds is very unique, nobody has similar horsehide and they are simply perfect, no flaws, very tight stitching. Their patterns are extremely well thought out.

The Langlitz does not have the same tight stitching, but are still very clean, and their patterns are also extremely well done.

While I know LW pretty well, I am still discovering Langlitz and only have one of their jackets, so keep this in mind.

would cow be a little cheaper for this?

Yes, the goat hide is an upcharge

I will definely drive to their shop after this virus.

Time well spent, they are very friendly and you will defintiely enjoy it... I want to go back there again :D

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I just paid directly for this OTR jacket, so no idea
As far as pricing is concerned I received following price information from them in January (I asked for the "Comstock" price):
"As shown, the Comstock would cost $1225 in lightweight black cowhide, $1325 in goatskin, or $1425 in one of the colored cowhides. Shipping to Germany is $100. Current wait time is about a month."

BigWasabi

New in Town
Does anyone know how the Langlitz Sand, Gold or Palomino colors look? I can only find them on the color samples, but it's hard to see how it looks without a bigger swath of material to see the characteristics of the color. Would like to avoid the "flat" colors and allow for some Patina in them... the Red Goatskin color also looks amazing, like Oxblood.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
This jacket really reminds me of a knights armor. I don’t think I could pull it off but it is incredibly cool. You need to carry a lance and helmet with that sucker. Looks great RD and a perfect compliment to your very impressive and diverse collection!
Does this jacket come with a shield and sword for Moto Jousting ?

Last edited:
White Death's Head is my Grail right now.

DSCF3892-e1554216265339.jpg

RMF308

One of the Regulars
@red devil Really great looking Deathhead Cascade…Congrats!

I was actually visiting Portland a couple days ago and went to the shop and had Scott measure me up for a Custom Timberline in goat/center zip (wait time is running 10 months now). Visiting the Langlitz shop in person is really the ideal way to go if you can make it there; nothing compares to the experience of trying on the various fit jackets in person, looking at the leathers, and discussing the endless options (thread color, pockets, etc.. ) for your order with Scott and Bennie there. The shop is cool, old school and filled with new and vintage Langlitz jackets. They had quite of bit of leather and goods there that I haven”t seen in their catalog or perhaps only on the Japanese blog site.

Since I have a long wait for my jacket order to be made (which is ok as it provides me 10 months of time to change my mind on the jacket, and options :) )I picked up these wickedly cool short Langlitz gloves that I only saw on the Langlitz Japanese blog site. I don”t think they have many left so if you are interested I”d give them a call.

Attachments

• C77F3D0E-A53D-441E-A778-B8B971948B23.jpeg
    C77F3D0E-A53D-441E-A778-B8B971948B23.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 7E210DAC-32AE-4065-9828-66FD2B56C885.jpeg
    7E210DAC-32AE-4065-9828-66FD2B56C885.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 69
  • F2EDD429-3E52-48CB-B8D8-4F7759D96C8C.jpeg
    F2EDD429-3E52-48CB-B8D8-4F7759D96C8C.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I will take red over white :D

7376d3e3-a68e-4512-b0d5-85a33c2d4fca-jpeg.221500

I somehow feel white it needs to be. Not sure why but my jacket will be white! I gotta ask if they do warmer liner.

as long as you don't buy new, I bet would be stuck at the leather dentist / pastry chef phase and never get enough wear in the elements to make it looks the part

That's my concern as well; I don't want it to appear too new as that would look terrible on me and knowing Langlitz tendency for weather resilience, getting it to the point that is considered presentable, might take a while.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
nglitz's leather ages beautifully, at least their black and brown cow does. I am not experienced with their colored hides, but they had some on the rack in their shop when I was in Portland, and new I thought it looked like a 70s vinyl car seat. Of course that can all change with wear, and I didn't get a chance to see that. I think you just have to commit fully to the jacket, get it flexing and creasing, and let that patina develop.

At some point I'd like to get a padded Timberline but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy