Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Steerhide Cafe Racer-1982-Size 38

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I've never owned a Langlitz jacket and don't even know the model name. I bought it knowing it would not fit, just too cool to pass and I wanted to have one in hand.

This jacket does not disappoint, quality all the way. In the large world of Cafe Racers this one stands out. The leather and workmanship are superb.

I bought this jacket from the original owner whose name and date are in the interior pocket. The jacket was made in 1982, but has the look and patina of a 50s jacket. I don't know the model, so I just call it a Cafe Racer. In my search I have not found a Langlitz quite like it.

If this jacket fit me it would be the end of my CR search. If it fits you it could be the end game for you.

The asking price kept going up as I handled the jacket. Price reflects what I would pay if I could find this exact jacket in my size.

The only issues is some fraying of the main zip pin side. I have pictured this. It works and will continue to work well, just be careful.

Full set of pictures with measurements:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tWv27SWhRKubLPcA8

Look at all pictures and videos for more information

Price: $500 shipped in CONUS.

1658945282778.jpeg
1658945320579.jpeg
1658945355709.jpeg
1658945438541.jpeg
1658945511873.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I've never owned a Langlitz jacket and don't even know the model name. I bought it knowing it would not fit, just too cool to pass and I wanted to have one in hand.

This jacket does not disappoint, quality all the way. In the large world of Cafe Racers this one stands out. The leather and workmanship are superb.

I bought this jacket from the original owner whose name and date are in the interior pocket. The jacket was made in 1982, but has the look and patina of a 50s jacket. I don't know the model, so I just call it a Cafe Racer. In my search I have not found a Langlitz quite like it.

If this jacket fit me it would be the end of my CR search. If it fits you it could be the end game for you.

The asking price kept going up as I handled the jacket. Price reflects what I would pay if I could find this exact jacket in my size.

The only issues is some fraying of the main zip pin side. I have pictured this. It works and will continue to work well, just be careful.

Full set of pictures with measurements:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tWv27SWhRKubLPcA8

Look at all pictures and videos for more information

Price: $500 shipped in CONUS.

View attachment 440884 View attachment 440885 View attachment 440886 View attachment 440887 View attachment 440888

Langlitz!?!?!?!?!?!?! I never woulda guessed.........great Patina. I have a Langlitz goatskin. Obviously very well made jackets. I don't think I have ever seen a Cafe Racer by them.

GLWS!!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Langlitz!?!?!?!?!?!?! I never woulda guessed.........great Patina. I have a Langlitz goatskin. Obviously very well made jackets. I don't think I have ever seen a Cafe Racer by them.

I had no idea they did not make a Cafe Racer. I could not find one when I searched, but I don't know their products.

This one is SOLD pending payment

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I had no idea they did not make a Cafe Racer. I could not find one when I searched, but I don't know their products.

This one is SOLD pending payment
The Langlitz main product line is relatively limited in styles. I recall them not offering more than a handful of styles but when I look at their current offerings, they DO make 4 different cafe racers if you count the racing model and the model with the shirt collar.

But the patina on this steerhide 38 is really nice.

Nice sale and nice buy for some lucky gent!!!!

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Wow, that was fast!! I should have done less work today and had my attention on the classifieds.. I just got the youtubes notification on the video.. congrats on the sale!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that was fast!! I should have done less work today and had my attention on the classifieds.. I just got the youtubes notification on the video.. congrats on the sale!

The buyer is a novice in the jacket world. He sure jumped in at the right time with the right jacket.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The model name is Crescent, for anyone interested. They don't seem to be as common as the Columbia or Cascade.

The Crescent reminds me of the Vanson Model A. It would be interesting to see the two compared and contrasted. Alas, I have a Crescent, and a Model B, but no Model A.

Interestingly, Langlitz describes the Crescent on their website as a "dressier" jacket that can be worn casually, but still well suited for motorcycling, while Vanson touts the Model A as their first model, and they were always purpose built motorcycle gear, designed for riding.

Looking at the two side by side on their respective websites, they look nearly identical. The Crescent doesn't have a breast pocket, although I'm sure Langlitz will put one there if you wanted, and (mine, at least) has no-gusset zipper cuffs on the sleeve, while Vanson's Model A does have gussets on the sleeve zippers -- again, Langlitz would customize to your specification if you asked them to.

I also note the Model A has a center seam down the upper portion of the back, while the Crescent does not. And the linings are different from each other, but typical of the way each maker does their linings.

The Vanson would be the less expensive of the two, by about half.

Otherwise they are very, very similar.

Last edited:

leather.be

One of the Regulars
(Note: I purchased this jacket from the last owner who unfortunately didn't fit into it. I'm very grateful to you both that this jacket came my way. This is my post from @bien sale thread.)

Ok here are some initial shots of this beauty and my thoughts. I much prefer natural lighting but was in a hurry to take these last night. I may add some photos to this post. The steerhide on this is nice and light but can clearly take a beating. The fit is just about exactly what I'd expected, that is to say that it's proportional in almost all ways save for a bit of shortness in the sleeves and a minute drop shoulder. At 6 ft 3 with orangutan arms, I've gotten used to accepting slightly shorter sleeves when I find something I really like. And I REALLY like this jacket. It is the only steerhide jacket I currently own but that's not because I don't like steerhide. It's mainly because the jackets I've fallen in love with have been made with horsehide or deerskin. The wear on this bad boy is unreal. I really like the fit, even the slight drop shoulder works with this jacket imo. It is similar to my Himel Kensington but compliments it by being it's own arguably cooler thing. Many thanks to the sellers of this jacket. I know I got lucky with this one. Cheers!

PXL_20230429_000223784~2.jpg
PXL_20230429_000210442~2.jpg
PXL_20230429_000156360~2.jpg
PXL_20230429_000143308~2.jpg
PXL_20230428_235815662.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20230428_235649664.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20230428_235802962.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20230428_235704491~2.jpg
PXL_20230428_235636378.MP~2.jpg

leather.be

One of the Regulars
That looks amazing on you. Great fit! The sleeves could be a bit longer but you pull it off
Thanks so much. I'm thinking of shortening my arms just for this jacket. That's how much I like it haha. Definitely a bit on the fence about slightly short sleeves and I guess the correct answer is that the jacket should fit perfectly. And yet I'm not convinced that a slightly short sleeve necessarily looks bad. I guess it's situational.

leather.be

One of the Regulars
That looks amazing on you. Great fit! The sleeves could be a bit longer but you pull it off
Another thought is the shirt underneath could have more cuff exposure. I'd even cuff the sleeves of the Langlitz with a white t shirt and give it a bit of a punk rock look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto