Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Large Grey Knox 20 Custom Edge 7 5/8

mattface

Practically Family
http://www.etsy.com/listing/92578430/large-vintage-knox-20-custom-edge-7-58 ***SOLD***

il_570xN.310424953.jpg

il_570xN.310424951.jpg

il_570xN.310424949.jpg

il_570xN.310424957.jpg

il_570xN.310424959.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Matt;
Someone else in VT (other than me) has a good-sized mellon. I'm on the hunt for 7-3/4 or a stretchable 7-5/8 vintage chapeau. Should you stumble across another, please keep me in mind.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That's a pet peeve I have with Etsy, that once an item is sold, you can't tell for how much, information that I find of interest in loosely tracking the hat market. Let me be impolitic and ask, then: What was the sales price?

mattface

Practically Family
That's a pet peeve I have with Etsy, that once an item is sold, you can't tell for how much, information that I find of interest in loosely tracking the hat market. Let me be impolitic and ask, then: What was the sales price?

I was curious about the same thing, Randall.

I know what you both mean. I try to price things fairly, but it can be tough to judge the going rate on things sometimes. This one sold for $145. In this case the fact that it sold so fast makes me think maybe I priced it too low, but I try not to second guess myself too much. I think it was a fair price. I'm happy, as long as the buyer is happy everybody's happy.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This one sold for $145. In this case the fact that it sold so fast makes me think maybe I priced it too low, ...

The reason why I sell things on eBay rather than on Etsy (or here, for that matter) is that I'm terrible at pricing my merchandise. I've never really gotten the hang of how to peg a proper dollar amount on my stuff. Hence, I let the market itself --in other words, the auctions' bidders-- decide for themselves.

mattface

Practically Family
The reason why I sell things on eBay rather than on Etsy (or here, for that matter) is that I'm terrible at pricing my merchandise. I've never really gotten the hang of how to peg a proper dollar amount on my stuff. Hence, I let the market itself --in other words, the auctions' bidders-- decide for themselves.

I know what you mean Marc, but everything about ebay is aimed at driving up the price, and often as not, I think the price goes high on stuff, not because that's what it's worth, but because people get so wrapped up in "winning" they lose site of what they are really comfortable paying for the thing. The value of a thing is the price that both the seller and the buyer are happy with, since etsy charges so much less in fees than ebay does, I'm happy to sell stuff a little cheaper. the buyer is happy, I'm happy, and the middleman gets a reasonable cut as well. Even though I'm not sure if I priced that hat too low, I made my money on it, so I'm happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt