Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late 1940s Hercules (thank you to Cooperson)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That jacket makes me remember why I first developed an interest in vintage leather jacket styles. Really beautiful.

bbq

Familiar Face
Really nice. Also, really interesting design. Shows the tremendous range and diversity of the "Hercules" jacket.

+1. Close to the Aero Hercules. I also have a longer, but similarly styled leather peacoat that was made for me back in the early 70s. The peacoat doesn't have the cargo pockets.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
that is a nice vintage leather, I just saw one similar on ebay but don't remember the label. nice fit too. I've got several Hercules they always draw my attention. I may get one out tonight. Thanks for sharing. I've always been curious who manufactured these jackets? You can see the same jacket with different labels, but then there are a lot of variations too. I sometimes miss the little changes.

Interesting point. In the old days, jacket styles were updated yearly or even seasonally. Today repro makers focus on one design and replicate it year after year. It would be very interesting to see what modifications jacket makers would make if they were to change the styles every now and again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner