Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest Project: Mycustomtailor Suit!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, my order for the same style suit that HJ initially posted about is on its way. I'll let you know about it when it comes in.

Big Man

New suit finally arrived ...

Well, my new suit came in on Friday. Here is a photo of me in the suit (sorry, not the greatest photo). I am very well pleased with the quality and fit.

New.jpg

Big Man

Here's a photo of my new suit that's a little better. You can see some of the details on the lapels in this one. I'm now hooked on the peek lapel and will probably be getting another suit just like this sometime soon (now all I have to do is decide on what color I want next). By the way, that's my youngest son standing next to me.

DSC02048.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Big Man - The suits on you and your son look great!!

Wondering if you also got Super 120 (like Hemingway Jones). If so, does it wrinkle easy?

Big Man

Marc Chevalier said:
Looks great, Big Man! You both carry your suits with authority (or what used to be called "gravitas".) Thanks for showing the fine results ... hope to see more. :eusa_clap

Thanks. I don't know about "gravitas", but I can say that I do carry my suits with a lot of gravity. ;) I was once told that since I got a new wool suit made, half the sheep in Scotland would freeze to death this winter. [huh]

Big Man

Dagwood said:
Big Man - The suits on you and your son look great!!

Wondering if you also got Super 120 (like Hemingway Jones). If so, does it wrinkle easy?

I got the 120's wool in 10 oz. weight. I have not noticed any wrinkling problems.

Gary Crumrine

One of the Regulars
Very nice looking suit. Your post was welcome, as I've been thinking over the weekend of trying some of the Asian tailors who measure in Los Angeles. The one that came to mind was MyTailor.com, but was sure there must be others and your post proved it. Thanks for the photos and description.

Tumbleweed

New in Town
Yeah, a panama was involved.

I was going to wear an ice blue basketweave tie but decided to go with the red at the last minute because I looked like a televangelist.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I can stand it no longer. I have ordered what I'm calling the "Hemingway Special" - the MCT suit, with the 5 1/2 inch lapels as seen on Hem's new one:

midnightblueje4.jpg

Ordered it in brown w/ cream stripes, as I have a lot more stuff that'll go with that. I can't wait to get ahold of this one - I am really excited about the prospects.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
I feel honored! I wish you the best of luck with it. Please let me know how it goes for you. :)

I'm hoping it'll go well - I basically did as you did, gave them the basics and let the rest go as it may. I almost feel like a stalker or a copycat, but darn it - that is a SHARP suit there, Hem. I really love it with the bigger lapels.

This'll be my first ever three-piece, too. Going to have to get used to that!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Atomic Glee said:
I'm hoping it'll go well - I basically did as you did, gave them the basics and let the rest go as it may. I almost feel like a stalker or a copycat, but darn it - that is a SHARP suit there, Hem. I really love it with the bigger lapels.
You shouldn't feel that way at all. When one of us takes on a new project, it's to blaze a trail for others. I am only too happy to see you following the same path and I pray you have the good luck that I have.

I only hope you didn't pick the "Bi-Swing" back option. If you have, email them and ask them not to do it. They don't know how! The put a single center pleat that is totally random. It showed up that way on mine, but I had it sewn shut. Or email them and educate them exactly how it should be.

I agonized over the lapels. I wanted them to be bold. I am very pleased how it worked out.

Good Luck, My Friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred