Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
My first cancellation was refunded pretty much instantly. My second I had to chase up and then post about on the other board and then it was done.

They seem to be getting a lot of interest on the social media sites where they are still promising short delivery times, though given the mix of over enthusiastic posts and people wanting to know where their orders are I do wonder how many of the overly enthusiastic posts are genuine.

My eventual concern wasn't so much the wait, though that was a part of it - more so with the questionable excuses given, but the fact that nearly every order received and reviewed on the other board was wrong in some way, measurements, material, colour. It would be nice to think they could sort it all out but they seem to be focused on running from this into another new venture rather than fixing the problems they have.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
My first cancellation was refunded pretty much instantly. My second I had to chase up and then post about on the other board and then it was done.

They seem to be getting a lot of interest on the social media sites where they are still promising short delivery times, though given the mix of over enthusiastic posts and people wanting to know where their orders are I do wonder how many of the overly enthusiastic posts are genuine.

My eventual concern wasn't so much the wait, though that was a part of it - more so with the questionable excuses given, but the fact that nearly every order received and reviewed on the other board was wrong in some way, measurements, material, colour. It would be nice to think they could sort it all out but they seem to be focused on running from this into another new venture rather than fixing the problems they have.

Was the other message board the friends of gustin thing? I think they are in quite a bit of trouble. They are absolutley swamped, so I would think the quality control would be one of the first things to slide...I imagine they have used up just about all of the goodwill available online. They might snag a few new customers here and there, but from what I can see, there is a lot of negativity following them around on various message boards etc...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would think anyone who paid them by credit card or PP would want to open a dispute through the credit card company (or PP) to facilitate a refund as quickly as possible. We must all be careful stating what our perceptions might be regarding this company for fear of potential libel. Personally I have my own perception of the situation, although I ain't sayin' what it is. ;)

thor

Call Me a Cab
My order, #287, was delivered yesterday (ordered on Nov. 3). Just a pair of selvedge jeans, no fancy customizations, 15.2 oz., that were on sale for $69. I applied the 50% off discount and the original e-mail invoice showed the discounted price of $34.50 (a great deal!).
However, the new invoice shows full price of $69. Sent afew e-mails re the discount, awaiting a response....
The jeans are nice, dark and robust with straight stitching and good hardware. Fit like a pair of Levi 501's. Overall, well worth the price (if not the wait). They're better then the selvedge jeans at The Gap (made in China of Japanese denim) but definitely NOT as good as a pair of Filson selvedge jeans I found at Orvis.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Good work Thor...I'm happy for you mate. Even happier seeing your order number #287. Mine was number #1486, so I dread to think when mine may have finally arrived. I saw the new ltd ed 24oz they have released. They look good. If it wasn't all so hard there I would be all over it. Post some pics up when you can.

wdw

One Too Many
I've told them that if I don't get my refund today I'll get my bank involved. The "Chargeback" process has a limit of 120 days from when you become aware of the problem, which in my case was January.

I was looking at the Styleforum LD thread and there are some pretty strong comments there. Makes the Selvedge guys look incredibly reasonable and understanding.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I did the same. I let them know I was in touch with the American Consumer Protection committee. They told me to ask again for a refund and hen forward all emails to them if they don't comply. I also accused them of lying to me. They weren't happy with that, but luckily the paperwork from the merchant arrived today regarding my refund so they said they are doing post haste...,good timing I guess.....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Refund processed, confirmation recieved. I will now get back in my box, and shall never ever speak of Lawless again.;)

GregO

One of the Regulars
I cancelled my order 13 days ago -- and still no refund has hit my credit card. Looks like I'm going to have to chase them down.

I knew it was all too good to be true...

wdw

One Too Many
Greg, there's no shame in going to your credit card for support. There's a mountain of evidence on the web to back up your side of events.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
My refund just hit my account. I'm quite relieved. It took a few emails back and forth. I ended up just emailing them twice a day until they got sick of me. I read a post by a guy on another forum who excitedly wrote he had bought 3 jeans and a couple of shirts, " should hopefully get them in about 4 weeks" I think 4 months would be optimistic at this stage.....the whole thing is a write off. I'm very curious as to how long they can sustain this...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great news! What order number where you? Hopefully they fit great, would hate to go through the rhubarb of getting them altered.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It was #445. If they don't fit, they'll go up on eBay. I'm not faffing about with any returns, and at this rate, they're turning into unicorn denim so it would be interesting to see what they go for. As it is, I'm intrigued to see how they've turned out *anticipates Ferrari-shaped jeans*

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
It was #445. If they don't fit, they'll go up on eBay. I'm not faffing about with any returns, and at this rate, they're turning into unicorn denim so it would be interesting to see what they go for. As it is, I'm intrigued to see how they've turned out *anticipates Ferrari-shaped jeans*

Well, if they wear like Ferrari's, you'll be able to wear them for two weeks out of the year (maybe) and they'll spend the rest of the time at a tailors or a cleaners.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Well, if they wear like Ferrari's, you'll be able to wear them for two weeks out of the year (maybe) and they'll spend the rest of the time at a tailors or a cleaners.

Right, well I was 1446 or something, so I think I still had a few months up my sleeve....no regrets here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot