Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think I've just got lucky. I wouldn't criticise anyone for cancelling as I was beginning to consider getting my cash back. Mind you, I've still to receive them, but if they've taken to sending out emails saying 'yours go out on Thursday' and then they don't, Lawless can expect a very short existence, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
At this stage, based on my own experience, and reading several similar stories, I would be highly surprised if they are still operating come XMAS. I think they have bought a larger factory space, so maybe increased production might speed it all up. Having said that, how many genuinly qualified machine operators etc are out there looking for work? I would wager not too many. I could be wrong, it happened once before in the mid nineties.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I asked for my money back a couple of weeks ago due to Lawless not being able to give me any kind of estimate. My order number was over 1000 and I was getting the strong impression that what I'd ordered might never show up. I ended up having to dispute with my CC to get my money back. The girl from Lawless said they were having some issues trying to refund so to go ahead and do a dispute. I have my money back now from the dispute so I'm not worried. I work for a mail order place and most CC processors/merchant account providers really don't like high levels of refunds, charge-backs and disputes. The amount in fees you have to pay and also the very real possibility of losing your merchant account make this a very expensive mis-step in a business that is already operating on rather thin margins.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
While I'm happy to hear that mine are in the works, I would be concerned that the company is only now beginning to get any traction, order-wise. They may start making headway, but the loss of cash from endless refunds could overtake their efforts to conquer the mountain of orders.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
While I'm happy to hear that mine are in the works, I would be concerned that the company is only now beginning to get any traction, order-wise. They may start making headway, but the loss of cash from endless refunds could overtake their efforts to conquer the mountain of orders.

Yes, as someone who still has a pair of jeans on order with them I wouldn't like to see them go under, though at the same time from the way they've handled this and treated customers its hard to have any sympathy whichever way it goes. I guess only time will tell.

Ultimately people cancelling orders are kind of doing them a favour, if they can handle the financial hit, though given that organisation/order management isn't something they seem to be on top of I'm sure all these cancelations are just making things worse on that side of things.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, they've taken a massive kicking for ratcheting up the price of their jeans in the past month despite the massive backlog.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
As a matter of curiosity I visited their website. They are advertising a basic selvedge Jean at $68, delivery in 6 weeks. Comments anyone?

Ask them about it, I'm sure they will tell you they have a/several new factory/s opening next week and will get your jeans out in those six weeks ;)

wdw

One Too Many
That makes Rakuten even better value.

Check out their Facebook page for an announcement coming tonight. Apparently critical comments are getting removed from that page not long after going up today. Sounds more like Stalinist Russia than the Land of the Free.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
So, when they said "This evening we will be sending out a progress production email/update to everyone who has supported us thus far."

This was an April fool?

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
They've not long posted on facebook 'sorry for the delay' and said that the update/email will go out today.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got their email. Lots of stuff about American manufacturing, etc., opening a new factory ("Obviously, this can't be done overnight"), new lines of clothing, but not a word about existing orders. In fact, the tone is that we grumblers are a bunch of unpatriotic ingrates. So there you have it.

GregO

One of the Regulars
Their email is in quotes below. Frankly, I'm insulted - AGAIN. Every experience I have had with this company -- from ordering, to waiting, to waiting some more, to being insulted by the guy who told me that despite their promise, my order wasn't going to arrive in time for Christmas and that instead I should by the person to whom I was giving the Lawless present "some perfume from the mall", to waiting weeks for a refund that never has come -- every experience has been PATHETIC. Communication is pathetic. Their broken promises are pathetic. And they know EXACTLY what everyone wants to know -- when the goods they ordered will arrive on their doorstep. But what's the one thing they never tell us? When product will ship. They don't even know. Their model is an unattainable pipe dream -- most likely because those executing it have no idea what they're doing.

"2015 Spring Production Update
Good Morning LD&CO Community,
Our brand is our passion and our mission is to bring back manufacturing and jobs to the United States. However, our challenge right now is finding the skill set to do so. Our team is strong and masters of their craft. Their attention to detail is meticulous and it is a guarantee that you will never receive a product like ours at the price point that we have offered.

That being said, we are not only a start up clothing brand but we are also a start up manufacturer. We are still learning as a team the processes that speed up production times. Since launching our website and becoming an eCommerce store less than six months ago in November of 2014, the support has been overwhelming and the intense demand for our product has only grown.

To handle the demand and catch up on current orders, we are currently in the process of opening up a second manufacturing facility and finalizing details required to do so. Unfortunately, this can not be done overnight.

It is our choice to maintain quality control by not sourcing our manufacturing to another factory in Los Angeles, across the border or overseas. It is our commitment to you that we STAY local and stay American made. In addition, since launching our unique business model to provide our consumers the options to pick their denim/fabric, fit, style, hardware, pocket liners, denim tag designs and thread colors, and in order to keep production flowing, we have since removed the options that take more time (for instance switching out thread colors).

It is also our plan to limit custom options in the future and slowly step away from our made-to-order model. We will be releasing our ready to wear collection which will ship almost immediately after purchase sometime during Fall 2015.

We will continue to market our brand the way we see fit. We embrace the caferacer, denim, adventurer, outdoorsmen and average Joe communities equally. We encourage our customers to live life without limits and believe that our products can provide them with the confidence to do so.

It is our commitment to you that despite the push backs on estimated delivery of products, products are shipping out and you WILL receive yours, guaranteed.

Thank you for growing, encouraging and supporting us as we continue to grow through our first year. As always, do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions regarding sizing yourself correctly or an update on production."

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
The intent of this post isn't to mitigate angst with regards to LD's lack of credibility with regards to delivery performance, that said, my experience with KAYLA (sp?) has been super. My jeans hit a pinchpoint in the shipping area and she dropped them in the mail on her way home, she understands customer satisfaction.

My order was placed 11-3-14, order #526. I havn't had a chance to try them on, they look great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner