Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
You are lucky, in France the timeframe to ask the bank a chargeback claim is three months.

Well with everything happening I should consider myself lucky to have a refund of $60 out of my initial $133

wdw

One Too Many
You're lucky about the chargeback, as lots of people seem to have been rejected due to being over 120 days, which of course suits LD&Co as they simply won't refund now.

There doesn't seem to be any doubt now that the shyster crossed the line from just complete incompetence to fraudulent misrepresentation a few months ago. The styleforum thread has some interesting comments on it too.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Yes. I'm sorry for those who didn't. I was unsure which way the bank would go from reading their policy. However the 120 day limit, with my bank, is from the date of expected delivery - if there is an agreed delivery date after the purchase date - so I guess by pointing this out and sending some copies of the posts and emails where Lawless kept changing the delivery date they were happy to proceeded.

This whole Roman/Lawless/LD&Co American Heritage Clothiers has been a shocking business though, its a shame because I know for me and a few others its really poisoned the waters as to trusting any company starting out in a similar way.

wdw

One Too Many
In my initial contact with my bank, they said I was past the 120 mark, so tough luck. I had read about the 120 days from expected delivery, so disputed it. They said to post in details and back-up, after which I got a call to say that they thought it was obviously a scam and that they'd refund me.

I'd advise anybody who's been rejected by their bank to read up on their rights and ask to take it further. I gather the rules are set by Visa and MasterCard, but that the banks take a flexible approach depending on the laziness or ignorance of the person you talk to.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I see the guy who claims to be behind Reservoire 1885 has popped up to claim that he's got nothing to do with Roman and the site isn't properly active yet. It's amazing how the Lawless disaster is bleeding out and starting affect other companies. I feel bad for anyone trying to get a denim Kickstarter up at the moment, they're going to find it a hard to get toe-hold in the business.

wdw

One Too Many
Keep reading. It seems the guy was hired by RA to rebrand on the quiet. He obviously didn't do much research before leaving his old job.

Any new U.S. denim brand will be under the microscope now, with people trying to uncover RA.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He shouldn't be too hard to find: just look around for the biggest flag, surrounded by a lot of people wondering where their orders, refunds, or paychecks are.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's not often you see somebody completely screw their new business in the space of four pages. Would not touch it with a 20ft barge pole.

Is it just me, or did a bunch of recent posts 're an upcoming legal action just vanish from the Selvedge forum ?

We notified the board that only info about actual orders will stand. The drama is going to be deleted. It adds no value and has put some in a nasty spot with a certain owner of said company.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Just checked my order status on LD's web, it still says Fulfilled, but the payment status is pending...

I believe this is what happened when they updated their website for the nth time. In the same way as orders and paperwork seem to reflect the 'list' prices rather than the discount prices sold at - You would think such things would be simple to fix but perhaps they have some reason for doing the above - Doesn't really seem right to me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy