Lawless Denim

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by GriffDeLaGriff, Nov 15, 2014.

1. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

Thanks Bunyip, I'm going to follow your advice and put a review on yelp and take a look on selvedge style!

2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That Yelp page in monumental! If they're still trading by the end of summer, I'll be amazed.

3. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Has anyone kept up with the TOJ thread on styleforum? That whole fiasco is Lawless on steroids.

4. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I notice they're currently discussing whether or not to treat lambs leather. These are not my people...

5. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Me neither. Though I'm guilty for perusing through SF every so often. :)

6. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sorry, but what's toj?

7. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Have asked for that to be added.

For what its worth a few orders have been received in the last couple of weeks from what I've seen so there is still 'something' going on there.

8. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thank you.

9. Otter

Otter One Too Many

Am I to understand that the Arizona factory has now closed?

10. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Great stuff Speedy! I would encourage everyone to add to it. Some amazing tales there.

11. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

I think they are just about gone. I was just reading on selvedge style that they are on their last legs. Good riddance, I hope everyone gets their cash back.

12. wanz

wanz One of the Regulars

Also it looks like they going with standard thread, buttons, and labels rather than the requested customizations on existing orders. At least there is a chance that you might receive the denim you originally ordered...

http://www.ldandco.us/blogs/ld-co/49233731-friends-we-need-some-help-for-us-to-get-out-all-of-the-custom

I hadn't canceled up until now, but I didn't sign up for what essentially amounts to a pair of their RTW jeans. I would say that it almost seems like they want people to cancel, but they've done a poor job communicating this change (posting to Instagram and their blog) that I'm not sure that is the case. Now the adventure of waiting on a refund begins...

13. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Darn, it really sounds like things have gone sour there. You'd have to be mad to try a denim kick starter now,

14. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Realistically I guess that step is what they should've done back in December/January - when it was clear to them that there was no way they could produce the order numbers they had received. I probably wouldn't've minded so much then but now, after the wait and the constant messing about and the way they act toward customers I've requested a refund on my last order. I don't want to wait the best part of a year to receive something I didn't order in the first place.

That said I'm yet to get a reply.

If I don't hear anything I will try the chargeback route though with the timeframe that looks like a borderline claim.

15. GriffDeLaGriff

GriffDeLaGriff One Too Many

Im happy the jacket and shirt im waiting on are with gold/orange/brown thread. I just hope I get it, I really want my western indigo shirt with marble white snaps, I dont know anyone else doing this at 10oz not for under 300 dollars. Anyone know of a place to get something like this?

16. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

I can recommend http://taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-shirts , but I don't think they do anything in 10oz...

17. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I see Kahla has jumped ship and is now giving chapter and verse over on Selvedge Style.

18. GriffDeLaGriff

GriffDeLaGriff One Too Many

Taylor stitch is nice, but I was thinking of an old school western-shirt in indigo with topaz or orange thread and with marble snaps, like the old lee shirts. To me this is the loss of Lawless, I cant get the stuff from anyone....

19. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

You should bring it up with Simon (SjC). He seems very open to ideas like this Griff.