Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

samo

One of the Regulars
Yes a bit early. People are finding some old articles where Roman is talking about some looms he has accumulated. We are a bit away from tuning all those machines but its being worked on as we speak

Thank You for the explanations. Hopefully You will have luck with the machinery :)

GregO

One of the Regulars
Hey Dirty Denim - two questions. On Dec. 1, I placed an order for a couple of things. First was a denim and black leather tote -- a Christmas gift for the girlfriend. Will that arrive in time for Christmas? The site said to expect shipping in 2 weeks on the tote when I placed the order, but I hear you guys are 2-3 months behind. Second, I placed a custom order for a shirt -- how do I submit the custom measurements form?

Thanks.

wdw

One Too Many
My first order was on 5 November, when they claimed 6-8 weeks delivery, but that'll never happen.

If you look at the Lawless board I guess it's nearer 10-12 now. They've been swamped due to the low prices.

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
Any production updates?

Recvd email that they were working on orders 100 through 199 and their current leadtime is in the 10 week area with the possibility that it could slip an additional week or two because of thr Holidays.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Adam

Last edited:

Dirty Denim

New in Town
Recvd email that they were working on orders 100 through 199 and their current leadtime is in the 10 week area with the possibility that it could slip an additional week or two because of thr Holidays.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Adam

Thank you!

Yes this is correct. We are getting a better handle on our own capabilities at the moment. I will explain this a bit. Some customers have experienced 9 weeks while a customer 5 spots ahead experienced 10 or 11. How can something like that happen is the question we get a lot. Well if you think of it this way like 2 cars driving the same distance at 65 mph from the same place but one leaves during rushhour (5pm) and the other leaves around 1pm. Both cars will get to their destination in different amount of times. This is the same thing that happens for us. You can have a guy who ordered 1 item in front of you or you can have a guy order 10 items and 2 are full custom. Imagine that over and over. You get turn times that are up and down and are typically different for each customer. This is why it is hard for us to pin point when an order will be made. In the 1st month we allowed many full custom orders to go in which each full custom item requires about 3 or 4 hours of extra work. The pattern making is the culprit which causes the additional 3 or 4hours. We changed that but are getting through those orders now. We are planning to make some changes that will help with all that but still it will require inconsistent turn times. Our model is very personable with us dealing with the consumer direct but with customization added in

We really appreciate everyone's patience and amazing confidence in us

Thank you

Sal

wdw

One Too Many
I know. My first order is about 790, made at the beginning of November. They said 6-8 weeks then, ie by Christmas, and now I'm guessing end of February.

No more from me until that's sorted out.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, kind of glad I didn't go in on the herringbone. I'm sure I'll get them, but I have a feeling it'll be spring before I see them.

Dirty Denim

New in Town
So...if my order is 1755 I could be looking at 30 weeks or something? If your only in the 1st 200 as of now.

LOL No not at all. We are getting everyone's orders to them on average in the 10 week range with occasional orders in as early as 9 weeks. Nothing out of the ordinary if you have ever purchased anything from Gustin or any direct to consumer model. Sometimes Gustin turn times are exactly 2 months and sometimes they are a bit longer. Only difference with us is you can place an order for more than 1 item where with Gustin you back 1 thing and they just need to source a factory to make one thing times 50 to 100 backers. We make sometimes 10 items in an order and send 50 to 100 orders into production each run so its really unpredictable but we try our best to stay within the 8 to 10 week mark.

And we also had many more orders before the 1st 200 you think were the 1st 200. There were 1000 orders before order 1-200

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, DD, Is it possible to change the size on an order (#1373)? I put in for a 36, but upon remeasurement I'm really thinking I should've gone for a 37. I emailed you a few days ago but, what with the holidays and all, haven't gotten a response. Would it be better to call?

Dirty Denim

New in Town
Hi, DD, Is it possible to change the size on an order (#1373)? I put in for a 36, but upon remeasurement I'm really thinking I should've gone for a 37. I emailed you a few days ago but, what with the holidays and all, haven't gotten a response. Would it be better to call?

No worries you are all set with the change. Just send me a message from your order in the future. That is the best way to get things done fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo