Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Lazy" Vintage Hair Ideas

Hestia

Familiar Face
Lillemor said:
That's lovely Hestia. How long does one's hair have to be for a chignon?

Emer said:
Hestia, I hate you! lol You have like, THE perfect bun! I love the buns that look like they've just bloomed out of the ponytail, versus the way I have to roll mine around, creating the little donut effect. Any tips? How long is your hair?

Thanks y'all! My hair is about as long as my armpits in the back, but I could do this style when my hair was shorter, Lillemor, probably you need to be a little past shoulder length.

I always pin the outside of the chignon to my scalp-hair, spreading it out away from the base of the ponytail so it fluffs out some and is less like a little knot. I do have naturally big wavy hair, so it loves to fluff. If you are blessed with smoother sleeker hair it may want to stay in a tighter little bun. :)

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
Newbie here. I made the big leap last night and did a cold set in rag curlers with Lottabody. When I woke up this morning I had a decent amount of curl, but I was afraid to brush it for fear of getting the dreaded poof. So, I just brushed it out with my fingers. So, I guess the question is -- will the Lottabody keep it from being frizzy and make it just wavy?? Any recommendations?

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I've lost the place where someone was talking about this style, but could someone please explain to me how you do the braids-with-scarf thing? Plaiting a scarf into two seperate braids then using it to tie the braids on top of your head (apparently).

My hair is very thin so braids left down look a bit odd on me... at the moment I have them pinned ontop of my head, but it's not very elegant- theystick out a bit at the sides. This do sounds nicer, I just can't understand how you actually do it?

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
These are from a day when my set did NOT work in the least, so my hair is its naturally dead straight self. The photos were also done very spontaneously after the pictures we originally planned to take were done quickly, so I had no notice. So this is my ultimate quick-and-lazy fix, two combs pushed forward. I think they're even falling out here.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/293/f/9/at_the_docks_by_victoriablack4-d316b64.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/290/c/4/a_nice_black_wall_by_victoriablack4-d30zqkr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy