Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Bags

Drax

New in Town
Firstly may I say..Hello Everyone! :)

I've been mooching around the forum for a while due to my interest/ ownership of Aero leather jackets. The advice /experience on here is second to none on the interweb which is why I joined & then discovered a whole new world of connoisseur.;)

Anyroads (I'm from the North West of England btw :-0) my question is this:

My son has recently graduated from University(with a 1st in Economics -hope he gets to use it ) & as a graduation present, we( meaning me & my wife)wanted to buy him something that would (hopefully) last him a long time. (Technology out of the window then)

So, we scoured the world (UK based so I could go & see it/feel it) for a hand made leather lap top bag. I only found one place that fulfilled my requirements: (within a 100 miles)
http://www.ianstevenscambridge.co.uk/Box Bag in full grain brown hideHD.png
We went there - Ian is fantastic (a genuine craftsman who explains the whole process from sourcing the leather that he uses -to the whys & wherefores of the design) - my son loved the bag(style) - so we requested a sample of the next leather that he was using & guess what....my son thought it was too brown. Gutted!
I know what he means - he wanted a more Cordovan sort of colour.
If you're still reading this post then I'm going to continue.
I looked on the Aero site yesterday & I've noticed that they have re-introduced travel bags, Do you think that they may do Laptop(Messenger) bags if I asked? Surely there must be people who would love a bag made from FQHH / Heavy Steerhide etc. Maybe just a way to use up their leftovers?
Thanks if you've got this far.

wdw

One Too Many
I gather Aero's bags are sourced externally, so probably not. Production at Gala Towers is so intense they're not able to divert machinists from jackets or the outrageous wait time would get even more crazy.

You could maybe try other small manufacturers, although getting cordovan might not be so easy.

winterland1

Practically Family
You can check out don't mourn organize as I believe he can make what you are looking for.
http://www.dontmournorganize.com/
7033126.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn