Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket length and untucked shirts..

Big J

Call Me a Cab
If I may jump in here, I'd just like to add that although I don't know about prior to this point - I haven't followed all of this - post #195 reads to me like a guy playing devil's advocate and no more. Now quite possibly you aren't interested in hearing the other side of this particular coin but to be frank, this retaliatory post of yours reads like something my gf might come out with as the wrong time of the month approaches.

To advise Big J to focus on his conduct and interpersonal skills seems to me a trifle hostile, demeaning, pejorative, and disrespectful, no?

Perhaps you're having a bad day.

Alternatively, it could be that BJ has done a really good job of winding you guys up pre #195 and that you just gave him exactly what he wants

Thanks Schitzo, you got it.
I wasn't making a statement of my opinion, but making a point that maybe that is what some people think and the reality of this life is that no man is an island, and people do judge on visual impressions.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I welcome hearing about “the other side of this particular coin” and, while I may proceed differently, I have not criticized anyone here for tucking in their shirt with jeans. The issue here is no longer the two sides of the coin, and the reasons for or against tucking in one’s shirt. Rather, the current issue is respectful discourse. When you suggest that one who does not tuck in his shirt is immature, trying to relive his youth, projecting a false image of rebellion, or worst of all, a “lazy slob,” you are no longer addressing the two sides of the coin. To the contrary, you are now disparaging those who disagree with you, and that is not respectful discourse. My comments were not directed at BJ’s position regarding whether to tuck in his shirt, but rather, his disparaging comments directed at me. One does not need to call those who disagree “lazy slobs” in order to play Devil’s Advocate.

Point taken. To the extent that I inappropriately and/or undeservedly disparaged BJ, I apologize. I do not take kindly to being labeled a “lazy slob,” nor the other derogatory comments proffered by BJ, but that does not warrant a disrespectful response. My sincere apologies.

Well, before you start attempting to lecture me on proper social discourse, I would advise you to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, go back to my comment #195, and try again.

Hint; I did not call you a slob, I merely wanted to know how 'shirt untucked' kind of guys justify their position when faced with criticism of being a slob. You, for example, seem to go off the self-righteous deep end. Seb Lucus on the other hand, made a polite and reasonable reply.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, before you start attempting to lecture me on proper social discourse, I would advise you to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, go back to my comment #195, and try again.

Hint; I did not call you a slob, I merely wanted to know how 'shirt untucked' kind of guys justify their position when faced with criticism of being a slob. You, for example, seem to go off the self-righteous deep end. Seb Lucus on the other hand, made a polite and reasonable reply.

I re-read your post and, respectfully, I do not find your current explanation consistent. That said, I have endeavored to rein in the hostility and tone down this exchange. Please consider a similar approach.

trapp

Practically Family
untucked_zps5e5a6abf.jpg
[/URL]

One example (taken from the net) of an untucked look that I think looks great and works well with denim. Neat, clean, casual.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I re-read your post and, respectfully, I do not find your current explanation consistent. That said, I have endeavored to rein in the hostility and tone down this exchange. Please consider a similar approach.

Thank you. Please also consider tucking your shirt in.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Really at the end of the day who the @#$% cares?

Maybe it's just me but I've got far more important things to worry about. Personally if I feel like it warrants tucking, I tuck, if I don't, I don't tuck. And to be honest I couldn't give a fig whether others do or don't. Personal hygiene and how someone behaves means far more to me when I see, meet someone.

Actually one of the daftest things you can see is a shirt which isn't designed to be tucked in, tucked in. Case in point Hawaiian shirts ;)

pak

One of the Regulars
My personal sense of order is neither tucked or not. It is the garmet under the outergarmet should not hang below the hem of the outergarmet. This also applies with shirt cuffs. Thanks Mom.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
My personal sense of order is neither tucked or not. It is the garmet under the outergarmet should not hang below the hem of the outergarmet. This also applies with shirt cuffs. Thanks Mom.

When wearing a suit jacket or a sportcoat, about 1/4-1/2 inch of shirt cuff should be visible. I wouldn't really consider a suit jacket or sportcoat to be an outer garment, but others may.

What's that now? Those pockets... I don't know whether I like 'em. I'd wear it so that probably means I do.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
What's that now? Those pockets... I don't know whether I like 'em. I'd wear it so that probably means I do.

It's a Schaefer Ranchwear Mesquite jacket. I'm not in love with the cut, but the material is good quality brushcloth. The jacket is 25.5" long and hangs about an inch and a half below my belt when my shirt is tucked. When it's not my shirt hangs about 3" under the jacket.

IXL

One Too Many
It's a Schaefer Ranchwear Mesquite jacket. I'm not in love with the cut, but the material is good quality brushcloth. The jacket is 25.5" long and hangs about an inch and a half below my belt when my shirt is tucked. When it's not my shirt hangs about 3" under the jacket.

I have one of these, as well. The cut is a bit large, but doesn't hinder movement when operating a tractor or a chainsaw, plus the pockets actually hold things!

trapp

Practically Family
What's this cool jacket?

Blackadder is right, it's the Langlitz Cascade. The front is standard - not sure if there are any mods to the back as I only have this pic to go by. Typical mods on the back would be a few pinstripes. Imo, the Cascade is one of the nicest jackets around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred