Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Monkeys Own Jackets - anyone have one?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Too tight for my taste. Look at the way the two panels are straining away from each other at the bottom; unless that's down to the way the side straps(!) are buckled, they need to go up a size at least to wear anything other than t-shirt underneath, or even breath properly tbh.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
When a jacket is worn so trim that a guy's hips seem to swell out under the hem like a Victorian lady's in a corset it's too tight.

dfa1979

New in Town
it looks too tight to me but there's another photo of it fitting better on a different model here: http://lmuk.co/icon
Has anyone else bought one of these as i'm hoping to get advice about the fit of their Fighter jacket: http://lmuk.co/fighter
or at least one of their others so i can gauge the fit of the Fighter for myself?

Yeah... I thought that it looks too tight, too. Yep Sloan, looks like the guy has zero room for breathing in there. :D

Just worried about the fit of my CR. Thanks everyone!

IXL

One Too Many
I have exactly one CR that fits like that. It actually feels pretty good while riding the bike but I wouldn't want any more to be this "trim." Its only good with a tee shirt underneath and is not the choice of wear if any kind of buffet is in the game plan.
A few weeks ago my wife and I were walking a couple of laps around a local park, in a college town. As we passed two Korean women for the second time, who looked to be 25-28 years old, and were going the other way, we said "hello." One of them responded: "Hello. We were looking at your leather jacket. It looks so good on you. Most Americans don't know how to wear a jacket. They always pick one too big!"
It was an ego boost.

dfa1979

New in Town
I have exactly one CR that fits like that. It actually feels pretty good while riding the bike but I wouldn't want any more to be this "trim." Its only good with a tee shirt underneath and is not the choice of wear if any kind of buffet is in the game plan.
A few weeks ago my wife and I were walking a couple of laps around a local park, in a college town. As we passed two Korean women for the second time, who looked to be 25-28 years old, and were going the other way, we said "hello." One of them responded: "Hello. We were looking at your leather jacket. It looks so good on you. Most Americans don't know how to wear a jacket. They always pick one too big!"
It was an ego boost.

is your jacket one of the Leather Monkeys ones or just a similar one? if so, did you get your usual size?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like a trim fit on a CR but that is pushing it a bit too far. Not sure how thick the leather is on the the Monkeys jackets but I can't imagine a thick leather in a fit that tight is very comfortable to wear.

IXL

One Too Many
is your jacket one of the Leather Monkeys ones or just a similar one? if so, did you get your usual size?

My jacket is one of the Insurrection special-order PLU-3s, made by Vanson. My normal size is a 40 and this is the size ordered in this particular jacket. I was told that the PLU-3 runs a good half-size small, or so.

It was an ego boost.

I think those girls were right - though I'd say it applies to most of the western world, especially Europe, where most people seem to prefer their jackets at least three size numbers too big.

Any chance of seeing the fit of your PLU? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24