Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather motorcyle jacket

Damo

A-List Customer
Right now I'm feeling vanson… I like the model b as my on and off the bike jacket in a dark brown or considering the octagon colour..

I also saw the Vanson Chopper.. That looks like a bad a$$ moto jacket!! Anybody have any experience with that..

@mendelboaz.. I think I may be buying 2 jackets…. my wife will divorce me…. but on the positive note we can go trolling for women together!!!

Damo

A-List Customer
@ nick123.. Thx for the advice..I wonder if people will send a fit jacket to canada?

It would be great to go to actual shops of these leathers however thats impossible... I really have no idea where to go in Canada to find someone who carries any of these. I'm an hour away from buffalo, NY if that helps any… I think its time for me to do some searching...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
@ nick123.. Thx for the advice..I wonder if people will send a fit jacket to canada?

It would be great to go to actual shops of these leathers however thats impossible... I really have no idea where to go in Canada to find someone who carries any of these. I'm an hour away from buffalo, NY if that helps any… I think its time for me to do some searching...

The fit jacket might be a hassle, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Right now I'm feeling vanson… I like the model b as my on and off the bike jacket in a dark brown or considering the octagon colour..

I also saw the Vanson Chopper.. That looks like a bad a$$ moto jacket!! Anybody have any experience with that..

@mendelboaz.. I think I may be buying 2 jackets…. my wife will divorce me…. but on the positive note we can go trolling for women together!!!
By a fellow Lounger
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?77944-My-new-Vanson-Chopper&highlight=vanson+chopper

mendelboaz

One Too Many

Great excuse for me to come to Canada! The wife joke is without a doubt the most common joke here on the Lounge... And I still can't get enough of that joke. About those three jackets: I already have my next 2 jackets completely figured out. After the J106 it's going to be a 38-1711-p. Will probably order that one around December. After that I'm gonna take a big pause and order 2 jackets through Insurrection, one for me and one for a dear friend of mine. He doesn't have any spending cash, finding a steady isn't for everyone. He loves all my jackets to death and I figured it was about time he had an amazing, will-last-forever leather jacket. I already have so many beautiful jackets myself, and seeing him in one would make me infinitely happier. He's like a brother to me and there's not another person in this world that I'd spend that kind of cash on. After my exams next June we're going on a 2 week trip to SF, Seattle & surrounding areas to pick up our jackets :)

Now, I hope you don't take till June to purchase your jacket! Vanson Model B is a good bet but I'd highly recommend the Model B Deluxe that Insurrection offers for the double zip, it's a long jacket!

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab

I've got a chopper. It's a great jacket. I had mine done custom with contrast stitching, white gussets ,chrome hardware and a removable fur collar. image.jpg
image.jpg

Damo

A-List Customer
@bunyip, that's a nice looking jacket.. Does the jacket have snaps to keep the collar in the open position???

Damo

A-List Customer
@ Mendelboaz, trust me this jacket is getting purchased real soon.. As much as I like looking into the different companies an their jackets at some point the trigger is getting pulled.

Wondering what your thoughts were to diversifying my choices by getting the schott 141 as my on and off jacket and the chopper as my moto jacket??? Which jacket do you prefer, the 141 or model b deluxe?

From my experiences I find American women to be more fun so I think I'd rather troll in the states

mendelboaz

One Too Many
@ Mendelboaz, trust me this jacket is getting purchased real soon.. As much as I like looking into the different companies an their jackets at some point the trigger is getting pulled.

Wondering what your thoughts were to diversifying my choices by getting the schott 141 as my on and off jacket and the chopper as my moto jacket??? Which jacket do you prefer, the 141 or model b deluxe?

From my experiences I find American women to be more fun so I think I'd rather troll in the states

I agree, you can always buy another jacket in a few months. Whatever jacket you buy from the companies that have been mentioned, you will be far, very very far, from disappointed.

I'd say getting the Chopper as your moto jacket is a dynamite choice. I think getting both jackets is a great choice! I do want to sincerely recommend the 641HH over the 141. I am just not a big fan of naked cowhide, or faux fur liners. It's up to you, though! If I had to choose between the 641HH and Model B Deluxe, I'd have to go for 641HH. This is because I have worn this baby to death ever since I got it a year ago and has broken in very, very nicely... The horsehide Schott uses is just gorgeous and develops beautiful creases and patina. Vanson's Competition weight cowhide is also something out of this world... My Model B is just starting to break in and as the cowhide softens it just feels like the thickest, smoothest most luscious leather imaginable. Luckily, I don't have to choose as I have both :)

Here are some pics for your enjoyment and that will hopefully help you in deciding...

Schott 641HH, size 36, after a year of regular wear
image5_zps988b3451.jpeg

Vanson Model B, size 38, after 2 months of wear
image10_zpse4b42470.jpeg

I have a 42" chest, 5'9", 146lbs.

American women are quite fun, yes!

Damo

A-List Customer
@mendelboaz, thanks or the pics and advice.. Always appreciated.. My only gripe with the 641 is that it doesn't come in a dark brown..

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Did not know you were going for a dark brown racer! Then I'd like to suggest an Aero Fontana in brown FQHH.. Getting that jacket myself and it's killer. The brown Aero uses is stunning, something special indeed.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Regular Model B. Model B Deluxe has nickel hardware, double zipeer and added sleeve & body length. I believe it has no side adjustment straps, the regular Model B does have them.

Edward

Bartender
leather isn't warmer when ticker. It's all about the liner.

Yes and no. On the move on a bike, I'd agree you'll not notice much of a difference, but wearing it standing or walking around, I certainly find my heavier leathers hotter. Not heat insulation, I'd agree - I think it's just the body working that fraction hard carrying a heavier jacket.

Yes and no. On the move on a bike, I'd agree you'll not notice much of a difference, but wearing it standing or walking around, I certainly find my heavier leathers hotter. Not heat insulation, I'd agree - I think it's just the body working that fraction hard carrying a heavier jacket.
+1

Won't make much of an difference, but I too have noticed that my heavier leathers tend to be warmer than lighter ones. Cotton lined Aero and Vanson tend to get unbearably hot under the direct sun, much more so than my lighter jackets, even if the lining on the latter is layered and considerably thicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff