Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Police Jackets

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
RP Steerhide c. 1950s
DSC06855.jpg
DSC06887.jpg
DSC06874.jpg
DSC06868.jpg
DSC06865.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many
Both are beautiful. Left: Cal-Leather, right: Al's Leather.
Black plastic zippers were made around mid-80's.
It's interesting comparing them side by side (bearing in mind the family tree).

I have no idea how to do a poll thing but which one do you guys prefer in a blind test?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I prefer the length of the Cal for everyday wear. But I also believe both jacket were customized for the individual officer at the time. I've read somewhere around here before that the officer could go get his duty jacket from any of the approved vendors, and every vendor promises perfect custom fit so the good word of mouth gets around the locker room.

Al 916

One Too Many
I was looking for a winter jacket, maybe with shearling like a ThunderBay and this Al's came up on the bay in Finds.

Turns out it is in almost mint condition, pretty good heavy soft hide and with two snap on collars. The measurements were pretty much what I need for heavier layering p2p and s2s, and the sleeves can be Rex'd. .........would be perfect, am I knit picking about it being 1.5" short at the front?

robrinay

One Too Many
Picked up this Taylor’s leather today. It’s a keeper so I’ve removed the patches. Does anyone know its age?

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2086.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2085.jpeg
    IMG_2085.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 20

realgone

Familiar Face
I was looking for a winter jacket, maybe with shearling like a ThunderBay and this Al's came up on the bay in Finds.

Turns out it is in almost mint condition, pretty good heavy soft hide and with two snap on collars. The measurements were pretty much what I need for heavier layering p2p and s2s, and the sleeves can be Rex'd. .........would be perfect, am I knit picking about it being 1.5" short at the front?
Maybe, but if it bugs you and you decide to sell, let me know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner