Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
This looks nice:

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.31.04 PM.png

But I don't think I'm going to drop $850 on it.

https://standardandstrange.com/prod...204992269&mc_cid=be37d156c5&mc_eid=df78ce9dfd

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Holy God, this is cool! It's Lee Trevor!!! Where did you find that one? They're rare. I've never seen one in a Trucker style but everything I had from them was 10/10. It's super nice, isn't it?? French really knew how to make 'em.

I've bid on or otherwise been after a few Lee Trevors, but was always concerned about fit. There is just something I like about what they do. I thought I had seen Truckers in the past, perhaps I was mistaken. There is another Lee Trevor trucker in the house I'll post pics of.

This one is marked as a medium, the other is marked an XL. guess which one fits best? yep, the Med. I guess I have to get use to not buttoning these jackets.

Here is the fit on the Medium. I think this will work when I have less in the middle of me!

DSC02160.JPG

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I've bid on or otherwise been after a few Lee Trevors, but was always concerned about fit. There is just something I like about what they do. I thought I had seen Truckers in the past, perhaps I was mistaken. There is another Lee Trevor trucker in the house I'll post pics of.

This one is marked as a medium, the other is marked an XL. guess which one fits best? yep, the Med. I guess I have to get use to not buttoning these jackets.

Here is the fit on the Medium. I think this will work when I have less in the middle of me!

View attachment 96802

View attachment 96803

View attachment 96804

View attachment 96805

View attachment 96806

View attachment 96807

That one is cool.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm really liking this one. Nice bits and pieces of other designs. The Cowhide reminds me of a Steerhide Buco I owned. These are not light weight jackets. They have heft.

This video shows how this medium fits me at probably 195 pounds. It has a bit of give. Don't need any adjustment. I've packed a lot of me in the jacket. So to me, pretty big for a medium. I'll do the XL tomorrow. It is smaller!

These Trevors are nice. Don't know much about the company. Would like to hear. I've seen their other leather designs.

I'm actually scared of what else you got
I'm really liking this one. Nice bits and pieces of other designs. The Cowhide reminds me of a Steerhide Buco I owned. These are not light weight jackets. They have heft.

This video shows how this medium fits me at probably 195 pounds. It has a bit of give. Don't need any adjustment. I've packed a lot of me in the jacket. So to me, pretty big for a medium. I'll do the XL tomorrow. It is smaller!

These Trevors are nice. Don't know much about the company. Would like to hear. I've seen their other leather designs.

There are bits and pieces of info on them online and it took me a while to connect the dots but the deal is, in short, Lee Trevor was a French company that specialized in reviving classic US jacket designs, such as these truckers, CHP motorcycle jackets, cross zips, kaff racers, half belts, flight jackets, etc. but a take of their own. Kinda like Freewheelers. Only a handful of jackets was made in each style so they're very rare. It's possible that this trucker you got won't turn up again any time soon.
Anyway, what they did was they'd slap on a whole bunch of details and design features onto one jacket, stuff you'd usually find on several vtg styles. Some worked well, such as this one and others... Not so much. Like, they'd do both a half belt like on the Perfecto with belt loops in the back and on the sides, all on one jacket. They also extensively used these silly, made-up motorcycle parts brand patches on many of their moto jackets too. That was during the 80's or the early 90's I believe, not sure about that but despite some questionable design choices, I can tell you the quality of their jackets was second to none.

So were the prices. Supposedly, they were extremely pricey but... I don't know the specifics.

Another questionable thing was the fit of their jackets - They were typically over-sized, 90's style. Broad shoulders, baggy, short sleeves, etc. But it somehow worked well. Not the sausage casing styleforum crowd would go for but they did have this cool, rugged vibe to 'em. They were jackets.

They also went great lengths to get all the details right. Like, they had their own chain pulls and snaps and zippers and all that stuff. Ditto for the lining. I mean, the fact that your jacket is lined with a blanked is a huge deal. Anyone else'd just throw in whatever quilted nylon or cotton drill but they'd always try to make it right. You couldn't find a YKK on a Lee Trevor. No expenses spared.

So yea, pretty much exactly the same deal like Aero, GW, LW or anyone in Japan, just decades earlier. They used horsehide, goat, cow, etc. but never tagged their jackets accordingly. I suppose it didn't matter back then. But the hides were always, ALWAYS of the highest quality. Never printed, corrected, nothing. I mean, that much is clear from the photos you posted. Interesting thing is that back in the days when Aero used to sell vintage jackets from other makers, you'd occasionally stumble upon a Lee Trevor on their sale or eBay page and for a good reason. They're really good jackets. Better than most today. I'm still looking for one in my size.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Saw this on the bay:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 8.40.48 AM.png

Don't have any experience with Schott, but I hear they are decent. Not exactly my color of choice. I would probably get it really dirty quickly, or is that called "patina"? It is also pretty big, but I buck the trend and like big, as I have mentioned. There was one in dark blue going for $800+ USD recently.

Gotta stay away from that Buy it Now button.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Schott...d=142571771002&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Ahhh, sh#t, I hit the buy it now button, again.
If I end up homeless with a Prius stuffed to the brim with leather jackets, will any of you take pitty on a poor lost soul and let me unload some of these? Or, will I have to stand next to the freeway entrance with a sign, "will sell leather jackets for food"?

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ