Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

Cool af! Damn shame some moron shortened the sleeves but at least they probably just removed the cuffs. Could be repaired, I guess.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273081662559?rmvSB=true

technovox

One Too Many
Crap, now I'm nervous you won't find it to be all that... XD But no, really, it's an awesome jacket. I'd love to see the new version, like the one you just bought - well, as a matter of fact, every one so far seems to be different than the one I got - but I'm sure it's only been improved. My OCD would force me to hunt for another one but I'm waiting for the Lee version to turn up. I do hope it won't.

I regret not getting the HH one. BIN was real low. Even if it didn't fit, I couldn't have lost money on it...
I'll probably be selling my Vanson Mavericks in a size 42 if anyone is interested. Black competition leather. Super thick and heavy!

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Crap, now I'm nervous you won't find it to be all that... XD But no, really, it's an awesome jacket. I'd love to see the new version, like the one you just bought - well, as a matter of fact, every one so far seems to be different than the one I got - but I'm sure it's only been improved. My OCD would force me to hunt for another one but I'm waiting for the Lee version to turn up. I do hope it won't.

I regret not getting the HH one. BIN was real low. Even if it didn't fit, I couldn't have lost money on it...
Monitor,
Don't sweat it man, I'm sure I'm going to love it! If not I certainly won't blame you.
Technovox,
What is the back length on your size 44? Just curious what I should be expecting in a size 46.

Monitor,
Don't sweat it man, I'm sure I'm going to love it! If not I certainly won't blame you.
Technovox,
What is the back length on your size 44? Just curious what I should be expecting in a size 46.

22.5" but I've seen size 40 with a 24" black length so...

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I'll probably be selling my Vanson Mavericks in a size 44 if anyone is interested. Black competition leather. Super thick and heavy!

I would be interested in obtaining your Vanson Maverick Jacket (SZ 44) but would like to know more about it. Details/measurements/history and cost would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mickiemac

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Ahhhh...jeez. Just when I thought I was finally done buying custom horsehide jackets, Aero comes along and posts this Type 3 in BLACKENED BROWN VICENZA on their instagram site. Dang it! It never ends!!! Whoever bought this one...please decide it's the wrong fit so they can sell it to me!! ;-)
View attachment 116323

View attachment 116325

This gorgeous jacket is ours (at least, for a little while)! We've just listed it on our Featured Stock page.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Vanson Maverick arrived today and I took a quick photo out on the deck before I sat down to dinner:
IMG_4124.jpg

The jacket is heavy and well made, as I knew it would be since it's a Vanson! It's also quite short, as I also knew when I bought it. Back length is 24.5" while the arms are 28" (I'm wondering if this wasn't a custom order like the one Monitor owns). Curious to hear what you guys think of it.

My Vanson Maverick arrived today and I took a quick photo out on the deck before I sat down to dinner:
View attachment 118258
The jacket is heavy and well made, as I knew it would be since it's a Vanson! It's also quite short, as I also knew when I bought it. Back length is 24.5" while the arms are 28" (I'm wondering if this wasn't a custom order like the one Monitor owns). Curious to hear what you guys think of it.

Man, it looks absolutely perfect to me!

robrinay

One Too Many
It’s ‘only’ a Gap trucker but it’s a wonderful piece of Cosmic Ordering. All the recent talk of natural undyed leather got my juices going in a search for a natural trucker and I got this one from eBay for a mere £42.39. Happily it was described as ‘beige’ which I’m sure cancelled out much of the opposition. I can’t wait for it to develop a bit of patina.

09F19FA4-64C6-490C-9AB5-786883D3E205.jpeg

robrinay

One Too Many
It’s scuffed on the tops of the arms but otherwise is in nearly new shape. I’m pondering applying a light coating of Pecards, but I’m wary of darkening the leather however temporary that would be. It weighs a healthy 1.6 kilos too.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
It’s ‘only’ a Gap trucker but it’s a wonderful piece of Cosmic Ordering. All the recent talk of natural undyed leather got my juices going in a search for a natural trucker and I got this one from eBay for a mere £42.39. Happily it was described as ‘beige’ which I’m sure cancelled out much of the opposition. I can’t wait for it to develop a bit of patina.
Great jacket, and a great buy. I love those old GAP truckers. Any idea how old it is, and/or any source for dating these by the tag?
Peace

View attachment 118893

View attachment 118893

Love it! It's really nice! Gap makes a beautiful jacket. I have their sherpa denim jacket, it's nicer than most others on the market.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Lots of talk about suede in another thread, never heard of "washable suede" before. I am looking at this on The Bay.

s-l1600.jpg

I know LL Bean is not up to TFL quality, but I still like the older A-2 one piece back goatskin. Anyone ever heard of or seen one of these?

Peace

@jonesy86 Lol that's because it's not leather. I have a "shearling" vest made from it. It's pretty amazing how much it resembles suede in both look and feel but it's not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk