Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Y'know, I'm 99.99% sure I've seen this same tag on another jacket but I can't remember what it was... I can't find any info on it, though. Lot of these were made all over Europe, some of outstanding quality.

I'm amazed that google turns up zero for "eghaus pak". Even in german language pages. It's almost unheard.

There IS a Ghaus-Pak industries leather company, based in Pakistan. I don't know if they're related, or what became of the "E".

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
I just love these! They're classic, cool, versatile, comfortable, beautiful and very forgiving size-wise. Couldn't find a similar thread so figured it's time a dedicated one got started.

So post yours! No matter if they're cheapos, no-names, etc. (like mine) - as long as you got one (or two or ten) that you love, share!

Here are some of mine. In addition to this Vanson Type-III (or Maverick, as they've named it) that you've already seen...
DSC06377.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

DSC06383.jpg

DSC06392.jpg

...I also have this made in Italy, Lee styled dreadnought that weights seven tons. It's a cool jacket. I wear it a lot.
DSC08069_resize.jpg

DSC08076_resize.jpg

DSC08081_resize.jpg

DSC08085_resize.jpg

Of all the jackets that I got, I don't think any other has seen more wear than this Wintex. German maker. They used to be really high quality. It's a great jacket in any case and more jackets I see, more I appreciate the leather it's made of.
DSC08089_resize.jpg

DSC08090_resize.jpg

DSC08098_resize.jpg

DSC08102_resize.jpg

DSC08091_resize.jpg

DSC08093_resize.jpg

Finally, a standard Levi's Type-III. Least cool of the bunch as it's quite long and baggy but the cowhide is gorgeous and the jacket is very well made. I gave it to a friend just a few days ago because I've got another one in the mail.
DSC07804_resize.jpg

DSC07827_resize.jpg

DSC07812_resize.jpg

DSC07807_resize.jpg

Just a personal observation...I cannot explain why but I have 4 Vanson biker jackets. All fit great BUT...I cannot get excited about them.somehow they lack personality for me. The analogy would be a Lexus. I know they are fantastic but they are dull. Give me a BMW every time. ( Have Hard core , and several other classic biker jackets from them. Also have 2 Langlitz and love them. Last week received an Areo Steerhide...omg I love it beyond any other. This thing would withstand a nuke!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aero. Would love to own one in CXL. I'd say theirs must be the coolest version out there. Imagine this in CXL only aged. I was always thinking about ordering one and then I'd get a CR instead like an idiot. Maybe I'd have that one perfect jacket had I just went with the leather jean jacket. . .
aero-type-3-goatskin-jpg.16492

aero-type-3-goatskin-back-jpg.16493

Type-3-jacket-1.jpg

Type-3-jacket-2.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Aero. Would love to own one in CXL. I'd say theirs must be the coolest version out there. Imagine this in CXL only aged. I was always thinking about ordering one and then I'd get a CR instead like an idiot. Maybe I'd have that one perfect jacket had I just went with the leather jean jacket. . .
aero-type-3-goatskin-jpg.16492

aero-type-3-goatskin-back-jpg.16493

Type-3-jacket-1.jpg

Type-3-jacket-2.jpg
Only saw the one with snaps on Aero's web page. I gotta have buttons.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I bet I could get them to do buttons instead of snaps for a price. Black with an undercoat of blue like a teacore.

If I ever went after one of these I'd want riveted buttons...the metal kind that never fall off or become loose!

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I was over at Johnson Leathers a while ago talking to Alan about the possibility of doing a Type 3 with two pockets, buttons, and chest pockets placed under the V. He has a beautiful brown suede that is very heavy and thick, and was really tempting...
Where did you find the Levi's Shorthorn? I like the look of that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21