Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather vest

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi guys,
Can anyone reccomend a decent place to get a custom hh vest? I ride alot, am keen on a cool vest. Im looking at Lanlitz, but want hh. Aero dont do them, theres LW. Im 48.5" chest, and Im not too sure how flexible he is with sizing.....any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks, and Happy Easter..

Plumbline

One Too Many
In Aus. I'd get one from Tiger Angel:

www.tigeramgel.com

both Alexanders and Aero will make / have made them for me and others in the past ( in fact Will manufactured for the '81' and various other 1% er's as well as Wallace Clan and others ).

Both Have HH ( the new "Crazy Horse" that Alexanders has is AMAZING ) only Aero have Horween Chromexel - which is the benchmark - but there are PLENTY of other HH about which are almost as good.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks mate, I put a request to Aero, and they dont do them anymore....will check out your info. Thanks alot.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
One of the FL guys (Cyber Lip) wants to sell his LW vest size 44 that might be too small for you but maybe ask him for the pit to pit measurements. He posted on the LW thread just below. I am partial toward the Filson moleskin and heavy 24 oz. Mackinaw wool vests but, of course, are not leather.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys, i had a bloke tell me to order a few sizes up as vest typically run small....Im thinking this might be for off the rack modestly priced stuff....The LW guys have sent me a price and with measurements they tell me Im a 48. I dont want it too trim though, from what I understand, this isnt the news that fellah wants to hear....mind you, if I go up to a 50 its a 20% surcharge which puts it in the realm of silliness price wise, it gets too close the cost of a new jacket.....couldnt say no to that...;)

IXL

One Too Many
While "Legendary USA" doesn't offer custom products, they do offer horse hide vests. Maybe they would have something to interest you. I do like mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn