Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee 101z shrinkage query

Chris Cherry

New in Town
I just picked up a pair of Lees 101z, the standard version not the 1952 variant, to replace a much loved but now poorly fitting pair of bog standard Levis. I tried on a pair of 34/34 but was under the impression that they shrink a fair bit, I read around 2 inches at the waist and leg, since I take a 34 leg as is I've ended up buying a 36 leg in the hope I won't end up with a set of selvage capri pants. Before they arrive and I hop in the bath to shrink em down, I'd like to ask you fine ladies, gentlemen and as yet undecideds:

Do they shrink, and by how much?

Chris Cherry

New in Town
For anyone who reaches this textual archipelago, the core 101z don't shrink but do run large. I'm now sat in a perfectly comfortable pair of them at 32w 34l. Caveat Emptor and all.

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
For anyone who reaches this textual archipelago, the core 101z don't shrink but do run large. I'm now sat in a perfectly comfortable pair of them at 32w 34l. Caveat Emptor and all.

Well I know they don't shrink, but they run large its sort of strange, thanks for information.

Chris Cherry

New in Town
I only found out they don't shrink by sitting in the ruddy bath for 2 hours. The 1952 101z which are invariably simply called the 101z by pretty much everyone, hence my confusion DO shrink. As for the core model I suspect the larger than average sizings are vanity based rather than anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda