Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee Trinity, Summer Cap, Safety Razors

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Link to the Lee Trinity, 7 1/2 Auction

--------------ebay description, same photos, less the bear--------------------

listing price: $9.99
BIN: $200.00
shipping: see below

If you could have only one hat, how would it look? How would it feel?

To match almost anything in your wardrobe, you'd want a brown hat, but nothing too dark or light. Thinner ribbons are often perceived as less formal, so you'd want a wide ribbon for versatility. With jeans or a suit, a wide edge binding would set-off your hat like a good shine on your shoes. Of course, above all things, you'd want a quality hat and a great fit. Versatility, Quality, and Fit - the Trinity.

Born in Hat City USA, Danbury Connecticut, this 1950s Lee Trinity will be the hat you reach for first. Cleaned and blocked by Optimo Hats, including a re-stitching of the vintage ribbon, this Trinity really is the perfect hat. Its 2 1/2" brim won't look like the trendy, stingy-brimmed hats on pop stars, but won't hide your face. The 3/8" binding shines in the sun and matches the nearly 2" ribbon (1 15/16") perfectly. Not too high or low, the crown measures 4 1/2 at the front pinch and 4 1/4 at the rear. A perfect paradox, the Trinity is both modest and bold.

Brass Tacks:

Size: tagged 7 1/2

Color: light brown with darker brown ribbon and edge binding

Condition: The buttery felt is free of any stains, moth divots/tracks, etc. As can be seen in the photos, the ribbon has some light discoloration from the back double-bow, extending approximately one inch into the ribbon. The edge binding is clean. Inside, the reed case is slightly scuffed (as shown in the photos, and there is some dust inside of the plastic liner protector. The liner itself is clean and sewn, not glued, to the hat. With any vintage hat, the condition of the sweatband is very important, and this one is supple enough to turn out, as shown in the photos. The onion skin sweat guard is still in place behind the sweat and is not disintegrating and staining the hat, as is the case of so many vintage hats.

Shipping: $15 in the Continental US, via USPS or UPS, at my discretion, with tracking. I WILL ship internationally, but will not guarantee a price for such unless you contact me for a rate to your location at least two days before the end of the auction. No hat box is included with this auction, but the hat will be well packaged for shipping.

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

This is a vintage item and I do not accept returns.

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

It's such a nice hat, it can make anyone look good.
DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Eagle cap with real leather sweat, 7 1/4 - I regularly put a stretcher in this one and wear it as a 7 1/2.

Link to the Eagle Cap auction

-------------ebay description (contains the same photos)-----------------------
listing price: $9.99
BIN: $50.00
shipping: see below

Spring has sprung and your tweed cap is just not going to work in this weather. So you'll switch to a straw hat, right? Well, some days are too windy to worry about chasing your straw hat down the street.

Enter this light and breezy Eagle Cap. I can't tell you if it's cotton or linen, but I can tell you that it's extremely light, that the mesh front allows for plenty of airflow, and that the brim makes for a great sun visor. With a supple leather sweat, this 7 1/4 cap can easily be stretched to fit a 7 1/2 hat size. Made in Cleveland, worn everywhere, and looking good for decades, you need a Summer cap in your life.

Brass Tacks:

Size: 7 1/4, but easily stretched to 7 1/2

Color: light bluish green and white

Condition: There is some staining, as shown in the photos, at the rear of the cap. Both the fabric of the cap and the netting are free of any rips or tears. The liner is very clean and the sweat is clean, supple, and free of any cracks. Both are sewn in well, with no rips at the seams.

Shipping: $10 in the Continental US, via USPS or UPS, at my discretion, with tracking. I WILL ship internationally, but will not guarantee a price for such unless you contact me for a rate to your location at least two days before the end of the auction.

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

This is a vintage item and I do not accept returns.

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I know nothing about safety razors, but I'll be selling these two.

First, the Sweedo.
DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
A buyer who doesn't mess around with things like price. I think we're going to get along just fine. ;)

To be fair, I've edited the posts above to add the ebay listings I just finished, including the starting prices and BINs. If you're still interested at the BIN price (plus shipping) and we complete a sale before 7pm Pacific, I'll cancel the listing.

The same holds true for the Trinity.

I'll take $15 for the two razors, plus shipping.

DWStone

New in Town
Hi, does the Lee run true to size? I'm somewhere a little over 7 3/8, not quite a 7 1/2...

best,

DW

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hi, does the Lee run true to size? I'm somewhere a little over 7 3/8, not quite a 7 1/2...

best,

DW

The hat runs true to size. Rather than attempt a circumference measurement, which I'm bound to measure incorrectly, I measured the length and width of the opening,beginning just after the reed casing. This produced measurements of 8 3/8" x 6 7/8. Using those numbers in the ellipse circumference calculator here: http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/callipse.htm
I have a measurement of 24". Taking into account the fact that I measured at the base of the opening (thus, "measuring big"), the number is probably closer to 23.75 or so. According to the hat size chart here http://www.millerhats.com/hatsize.html
that's a larger 7 1/2.

However, that's all based on my, likely flawed, measurements. I always stick with the size tag and do not guarantee my measurements.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Under $10.
That's the current bid on the Lee.
There's no reason that the gifted heads here aren't getting in on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy