Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like they went for an average price so that the large sizes and small sizes were priced identically. Seems reasonable.

Observe

One Too Many
Jacket looks great and you guys are hyping it. The sleeve length in my ideal size (42) looks a bit short for me though as I usually go for a minimum 26" sleeve. I also have a sears oakbrook d pocket on its way to me so it's probably best to slow my roll, haha.

Aloysius

Jacket looks great and you guys are hyping it. The sleeve length in my ideal size (42) looks a bit short for me though as I usually go for a minimum 26" sleeve. I also have a sears oakbrook d pocket on its way to me so it's probably best to slow my roll, haha.

Remember that the shoulders are wider than a normal jacket so calculate the sleeve length accordingly.

Observe

One Too Many
Remember that the shoulders are wider than a normal jacket so calculate the sleeve length accordingly.
Bro I'm trying to convince myself I don't need this! Do you think the shoulder measurements go to the end of the red or green arrow?
Screenshot_20230521_202804_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
This is a great looking jacket, though I think I’d prefer the standard Schott sliver zippers over the antique brass. I’m having a little trouble with the size chart. A size 42 has a chest width of 24 and a 44 has a chest width of 25?? I’m thinking I’ll just nail the bottom hem and hope for the best.

Aloysius

Bro I'm trying to convince myself I don't need this! Do you think the shoulder measurements go to the end of the red or green arrow?
View attachment 519259

I’m not sure, but it shouldn’t matter either way–the number you want is sleeve + ½ shoulder, to get the sleeve length from center-back, which gives me 35” on the 42, so it should match up to a standard 42.

This is a great looking jacket, though I think I’d prefer the standard Schott sliver zippers over the antique brass. I’m having a little trouble with the size chart. A size 42 has a chest width of 24 and a 44 has a chest width of 25?? I’m thinking I’ll just nail the bottom hem and hope for the best.

I think that’s the best approach for this style. I went 42 based on the hem.

tek8080

Familiar Face
Anyone know what the fur collar is made of? Is it actual mouton, or is it some faux synthetic? Assuming it's the same as whatever the previous releases used.

Aloysius

Anyone know what the fur collar is made of? Is it actual mouton, or is it some faux synthetic? Assuming it's the same as whatever the previous releases used.

The previous Legendary/Schott mouton collar was actual mouton, so hopefully this one will be too despite the aggressive pricing.

I had Schott make me a mouton collar for my Perfecto and they really do source an excellent mouton.

The thing about this leather is that you need to wear it. It goes from looking plain when new to having unrivalled break-in and grain development. The current Schott horsehide, broken in, looks like a real (yet pristine) vintage jacket
This is exactly what I thought. It absolutely reminds me of vintage HH. The feel, weight and grain are all a spot on match to the golden era hides. The good ones. The kind you hope for. Haven’t pulled the trigger on a 689 yet. I’m on a different trip I need to see through first.

Aloysius

Still shows $1218 for me. Not sure if it’s defaulting to CAD or not. Must be

Either it’s Canadian dollars or you’re on the webpage for the previous edition, which did retail at 1299.

This is the correct listing.

This is exactly what I thought. It absolutely reminds me of vintage HH. The feel, weight and grain are all a spot on match to the golden era hides. The good ones. The kind you hope for. Haven’t pulled the trigger on a 689 yet. I’m on a different trip I need to see through first.

If you haven’t by fall, I’ll check in with you before I visit the factory sale and I can get ahold of one for you. Worst case scenario is about a quarter off retail, if you just ask them to bring out a stock item. If it’s on the racks, it’s more like 50-70% off.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I’m not sure, but it shouldn’t matter either way–the number you want is sleeve + ½ shoulder, to get the sleeve length from center-back, which gives me 35” on the 42, so it should match up to a standard 42.

I think that’s the best approach for this style. I went 42 based on the hem.
I have some experience with the Schott 641hh and I found Legendary’s measurements to be on the generous side in their description of that style. Schott also seems to try and move people up a size on their horsehide jackets so I ordered a 44 Stallion for my 43 inch chest. I used my last 15 percent off on their Reed horsehide vest (which probably warrants a post…it’s pretty awesome) but found a 10 percent off elsewhere online!

Aloysius

I have some experience with the Schott 641hh and I found Legendary’s measurements to be on the generous side in their description of that style. Schott also seems to try and move people up a size on their horsehide jackets so I ordered a 44 Stallion for my 43 inch chest. I used my last 15 percent off on their Reed horsehide vest (which probably warrants a post…it’s pretty awesome) but found a 10 percent off elsewhere online!

Helpful! I did double-check with Legendary that the 42 has a 20” hem, so at least in that case it should be accurate.

Yeah they have a 10% off coupon (VETS) running this week anyway, so even people who aren’t first time customers can get a discount.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Schott’s regular horsehide is described as “ imported horsehide. Legendary says The Black Stallion is Front Quarter HH.
Does that Have any significance?

Aloysius

Schott’s regular horsehide is described as “ imported horsehide. Legendary says The Black Stallion is Front Quarter HH.
Does that Have any significance?

It’s the same front quarter horse hide. They have to specify imported on their site because it comes from Italy whereas their cow/steer is domestic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot