Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Viking752

Practically Family
I own a Black Stallion and there always seems to be interest When I post pics of it. Well It’s back in production for a limited time numbered 1-100. Assuming it’s still being built by Schott NYC.
IMG_2705.jpeg
IMG_2706.png

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I own a Black Stallion and there always seems to be interest When I post pics of it. Well It’s back in production for a limited time numbered 1-100. Assuming it’s still being built by Schott NYC.
View attachment 519076 View attachment 519077
Well now doesn't that just figure.

About 10 years ago was the last time this was made
I recall them being on clearance at $250 at the end, marked down from $550, and I could have gotten one then but at the time my opinion of Schott horsehide was that it was too thin and too plastic KY looking more like patent leather. Only later did I find out how it ages.

There was one sold on ebay recently in size 44, $850, with the belt and collar, and looking unworn, so I was hoping I could pick it up for around $600-650, but it went for $860. To me.

Now that I have it, I have some opinions on it. First is that the front belt loops do not retain the belt when it is unbuckled, the loose ends come out of these loops much too easily. This may be a clue why the jacket wasn't worn much, as it's pretty annoying. Either I'll have to wear it without the belt, or else wear it mostly zipped. Possibly I could add a snap near the buckle to keep it in place, but that's a decision to be made later.

The leather is very supple, not at all like I had expected, and I expect that this could be the result of having been oiled by the previous owner. It drapes very nicely, but it doesn't feel like most FQHH I've handled.

It's nice to see it come back, it's good to have a decent J-24 replica being made domestically again.

Viking752

Practically Family
Well now doesn't that just figure.

About 10 years ago was the last time this was made
I recall them being on clearance at $250 at the end, marked down from $550, and I could have gotten one then but at the time my opinion of Schott horsehide was that it was too thin and too plastic KY looking more like patent leather. Only later did I find out how it ages.

There was one sold on ebay recently in size 44, $850, with the belt and collar, and looking unworn, so I was hoping I could pick it up for around $600-650, but it went for $860. To me.

Now that I have it, I have some opinions on it. First is that the front belt loops do not retain the belt when it is unbuckled, the loose ends come out of these loops much too easily. This may be a clue why the jacket wasn't worn much, as it's pretty annoying. Either I'll have to wear it without the belt, or else wear it mostly zipped. Possibly I could add a snap near the buckle to keep it in place, but that's a decision to be made later.

The leather is very supple, not at all like I had expected, and I expect that this could be the result of having been oiled by the previous owner. It drapes very nicely, but it doesn't feel like most FQHH I've handled.

It's nice to see it come back, it's good to have a decent J-24 replica being made domestically again.
I bought mine early in 2022 and the tag puts it a 2012 model. And your assessment is of the hide is spot on, substantial but wears lighter. To date it is the most I have spent on a jacket at about half of the current ask price. I would add that the $1299 is mostly inline with current Schott HH pricing structure. I suspect they will sell out of the limited run.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I bought mine early in 2022 and the tag puts it a 2012 model. And your assessment is of the hide is spot on, substantial but wears lighter. To date it is the most I have spent on a jacket at about half of the current ask price. I would add that the $1299 is mostly inline with current Schott HH pricing structure. I suspect they will sell out of the limited run.
If there are only 100 pieces, they will almost definitely sell out

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
1800 is Canadian dollars. US dollars has been strong since last fall.

Jacket has very aggressive taper. Size 42 goes from 24” P2P down to 20” hem.

looks great though.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
... but at the time my opinion of Schott horsehide was that it was too thin and too plastic KY looking more like patent leather...

That was the reason why I immediatetly resold mine. I had the same feeling with my Y'2 HR-55 also this plastic feeling. This jacket has also found its way to a new owner.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've never ordered from them before so I'm eligible for the new customer coupon. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21