Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
Hey folks, here to talk about the new edition of the Legendary USA Black Stalloon. As many of you know, the first edition was made by Schott, but this time Chris decided to make it on his own. Well, the jacket is amazing. The horsehide is shiny and with a beautiful grain. The details are amazing, and the collar in real fur is over the top. I’ll attach here some pics for fit comparison: I’m 67 Kg X 174 cm, I usually wear a size 38, and I bought a size 36 trusting the size chart. Excellent choice! Let me know what you think and if you have bought it as well!

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpeg
    IMG_1122.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6116.jpeg
    IMG_6116.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6120.jpeg
    IMG_6120.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6118.jpeg
    IMG_6118.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6119.jpeg
    IMG_6119.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6110.jpeg
    IMG_6110.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6109.jpeg
    IMG_6109.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 98
Are you for real? This wouldn't have passed for an early 5* while there's literally no comparison Schott's version. Those clowns over at Legendary are out of their minds asking for a thousand dollars for this jacket. Everything about it screams outsourced sweatshop.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
Agree to disagree. I own almost 60 leather jackets, more than 40 are Schotts. The new productions are not that good. Legendary products are getting better and better and Chris is a great guy. That’s my experience.

I don’t think that jacket will interest most members.

I’m more interested in your jacket collection. New, vintage, style of jackets? Guessing MC if you dig this Buco repro.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
I don’t think that jacket will interest most members.

I’m more interested in your jacket collection. New, vintage, style of jackets? Guessing MC if you dig this Buco repro.
Yes of course, mostly jackets from the Golden Era. I have an Instagram Page, @cpleatherjackets, in which I post every piece of my collection!

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
@Claudio Pellerito, it took me 2 minutes to confirm that you are clearly affiliated with Failgendary USA which is making this a classic shill thread which isn't nice at all. Reported.
Yes, I’m an affiliate, so what? I bought the Black Stallion and I loved that. Only AFTER the purchase, months after that, I became an affiliate. Don’t jump to conclusions, man. They are wrong. I posted these pics on my accounts way before I’ve become an affiliate, recommending the jacket. Sorry.

I think Legendary really missed the mark with this jacket. They were also using the original Schott produced Black Stallion imagery in the early marketing/promo materials. Factually the jacket simply does not compare to similarly priced alternatives like Aero j-106 or LW Buco's. Honestly they never did, even the Schott produced Black Stallion was inferior to both Aero and LW. The new version however, looks like it should be priced somewhere in the sub $300 range. It looks flimsy and cheap to my eye. Absolute non-starter. This jacket never gained traction here for good reason.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
I think Legendary really missed the mark with this jacket. They were also using the original Schott produced Black Stallion imagery in the early marketing/promo materials. Factually the jacket simply does not compare to similarly priced alternatives like Aero j-106 or LW Buco's. Honestly they never did, even the Schott produced Black Stallion was inferior to both Aero and LW. THe new version however, looks like it should be priced somewhere in the sub $300 range. It looks flimsy and cheap to my eye. Absolute non-starter.
I personally think that the one made by Schott was better, I saw that in person and I loved that. But the details in this one are spot on. And the fitting, and the lining. I agree that the Schott leather was better. But the jacket is very nice.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad you like it.

The pre-sales shenanigans turned a lot of people here off, myself included. But if you have it, you paid for it, and you're happy with it, enjoy it and don't worry about what people think.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
I'm glad you like it.

The pre-sales shenanigans turned a lot of people here off, myself included. But if you have it, you paid for it, and you're happy with it, enjoy it and don't worry about what people think.
Thanks man, that’s the only answer that matters. I am a huge collector, I decided to put my money on that and I’m happy with it, so I don’t care about others.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
For what the product page claims is 3.2oz HH, what's pictured looks thin and not substantial.

Also think it's kinda misleading where most of your pictures look to have heavy filtering/editing to make the grain pop, whereas this one from the product page looks nowhere near like the rest. I guess that's marketing.
1712601823139.png

Anyways, fit-wise it looks good on you and if you're happy with how it looks, then great. Enjoy the new addition to your collection.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you have an amazing vintage collection but you should really disclose in your original post that you are an official affiliate of Legendary USA, which makes this post an advertisement so it should be clearly labeled as such.

Furthermore, I assume you're aware of the sordid background of your employer, so I don't need to rehash it here. But for newcomers, it starts on this page.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
I think you have an amazing vintage collection but you should really disclose in your original post that you are an official affiliate of Legendary USA, which makes this post an advertisement so it should be clearly labeled as such.

Furthermore, I assume you're aware of the sordid background of your employer, so I don't need to rehash it here. But for newcomers, it starts on this page.
Well, he’s not my employer. I’m from Italy, I don’t know him personally and I don’t care about the affiliate commission. Just three friends of mine bought jackets from him with my discount code and I was happy to help them, my 10% was not a big deal. Chris is always nice to me and respects me, he also gave me three vintage Becks for my collection, for free and asking for nothing in return. I don’t know and I don’t care about his background, as long as he respects me and he’s good with me, I’m the same with him. Simple as that. I didn’t get the Black Stallion for free. I bought it and I’m happy with that. That’s just it.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm glad he's been good to you and that he's gifted you vintage Becks. That's to be commended.

However I mention it for newcomers because several forum members have had trouble with purchases, fulfillment, returns, etc since Chris took over whereas we had universally positive experiences of Legendary before that.

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
I’m sorry to hear that. I can just talk about my personal experience and my friends’ ones. I was happy, they were happy. And it pisses me off to read people who tell me to get the fu*k off just because I’ve posted this. I’m happy with that jacket, I’ve asked what you guys think and if you have bought that too, I’ve never said “Hey, buy this jacket, I have a discount code for you!” I don’t effin’ care about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner