Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Thoroughbred (modified)

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
So a while ago, I spotted this jacket on ebay, and posted it in the Finds and Deals thread, and then a bit more recently, Monitor rediscovered it and posted it again.

I had owned a Thoroughbred in size 42, but found it to be a bit oversized and not a good fit for me, so I moved it on. Also, I wasn't as happy with the leather, being that it felt on the thin side to me, and it was very shiny and looked plasticy.

In the several years since then, I've seen enough photos of beautifully aged Legendary HH jackets, and it changed my mind about them. I'd been looking for a bargain on a Schott 641hh, but this one scratched that itch pretty well. I was only wary due to the modification, the side laces added after the fact. It looked well done, but I feared that the leather wouldn't be matched well with the jacket and would become evident with age and wear.

Long story short, I put in an offer, and they accepted, got good price for it. It seems like an unworn jacket, but I am taking care of that, don't worry.

This one is a much better fit than the old 42 I had previously, and I think the leather is maybe a little bit heavier as well. It's very wearable even without breaking in.

I don't have fit pics yet, but here's a close up of the side laces. Whoever did the work, I don't think they could have matched the leather any better than this.

The stitching work is excellent as well. The side laces only take it in maybe a half inch on each side, but the effect of it is felt and seen, and I love the fit and the look. It's got a zip out lining, and the zippers are YKK, but it's got style and I'd call it a modern classic. It's a shame that Legendary stopped offering these jackets made by Schott, because they were excellent.
b30cdc5ce2d6723fd1777d2dfb7f78fb.jpg
92171e785dc4b54f120107ad014373fc.jpg
d204723f14ff780d2902c598ae5ec5be.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW