Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lenin's Suit

RedOctober

New in Town
I posted in another thread about this already, but it got somewhat derailed and was extremely old anyway, so I figured I would start a new one.

I am looking for a suit similar to Lenin's, more specifically I am looking for places to purchase such a suit online as I am unable to get it custom made. Am I out of luck, or are there options out there for me? Example imagines:
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/i...ed-Lenin-Is-Alive-Lenin-Will-Live-Posters.jpg
http://www.amath.washington.edu/~slemons/imagesdir/lenin.jpg

Additionally, I have an interest in Soviet Overcoats and whatnot. I am able to find them on eBay, but most are from overseas so shipping to the US costs a large amount. Does anyone know of any places in the US that i might purchase one from? Currently I have an old Soviet Naval lieutenant's one, but it is getting a bit worn out and needs replacing. Thanks!

Jovan

Suspended
I already said where you could get things custom made in the other thread, but online is a gamble. Still, Magnoli is pretty reliable, and a member of this board.

www.magnoliclothiers.com

You may also try www.baronboutique.com, but with them you have to specify a LOT of things to get it right. PM me if you want more info, since I've bought from them.

www.mytailor.com has had some success with members, but costs more than any other place mentioned here.

www.mysuitshop.com has also been used.

I don't mind the styling of his suits, but Russian tailoring back then was pretty, well, bad in my opinion. Very boxy and unshaped. I'd suggest getting something with the same style of lapels, waistcoat, etc. as that suit but telling them to give it some grace... i.e. more of a pinch at the waist and flare at the bottom of the jacket. Of course, if you WANT the shapeless look, go for it! :)

EDIT: This thread may need to be moved to Suits, as this directly relates to that subforum.

RedOctober

New in Town
Thanks Jovan, I apologize, I must have missed that in the other thread :eusa_doh: I'll check those sites out, and it would probably be best if I went with something that had more grace; a boxy suit would probably look terrible on me as I am rather slim.

Jovan

Suspended
Indeed. Look at other suits of that period for inspiration.

Is it just me, or does his suit match his overcoat in that first picture? Very Thom Browne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred