Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Less common colors

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
Of course the whippet and OR are nice looking lids, but the Vogue with that extremely wide binding and matched ribbon is a real stunner. I'd like to see that one on your noggin, must be a real nice look on a head.:eusa_clap

The 3X truly is a beautiful lid. Here's a noggin shot:

JtL2-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Well -talking colors- a month ago, my mother-in-law gave me a (identical to two others I already have, all were bought at the same time/shop in Firenze, in the early 1980's) velours Borsalino. Purple. A ladies hat. Last saturday, I picked it up from my newly discovered local hatter, who I'd asked to turn the hat into a gent's hat (by relocating the "knot" in the ribbon to port side).

Purple velours. Hum... Like said my youngest son...nope...I won't be quoted in an incorrect manner...let's stick to "pimpy". Oh yes. But...such a nice hat. In new condition, too!

Selentino

One of the Regulars
I would not be without a green hat. I have a sage stetson and a western pendleton from my wife. They go with almost anything. I've tried a blue fedora but only wore it a few times a year so I sold it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Bolt,
It's not mine, but I still love it from afar.
If I did have it, I'd never let it go.
:p

OldStrummer

Practically Family
I'm going through a bit of a dilemma.

I wear a lot of orange. I guess it's the runner in me, as orange running apparel is highly visible, and I don't want to get clobbered by a car while I'm out running across a road, or otherwise run during fading light.

I carry this quirk with me, as I have lots of apparel that is either orange, or has orange highlights. I'd like to find a nice fedora to wear that compliments my color choice. And therein lies my problem.

"Orange" is one of those colors that covers a gamut of hues. I've seen "rust," "cognac," "sienna," "burnt sienna" and more. Some of the names don't match what my definition of the term is (e.g., burnt sienna), or the photos that accompany the name and listing of the hat just cause me to scratch my head.

I think I need to see a hat in person, given what I see passes for "orange" hats online. I hate buying something and then having to return it because it doesn't meet my liking.

So, can anyone point me to reputable web site where the photos of the hats actually accurately reflect the color of the hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points