Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LET THE HAT GODS TAKE MY SOUL AND LET MY BODY BURN IN SATORIAL ETERNAL DAMNATION

metropd

One Too Many
This is the story. I got an optimo fedora made for me in quartz grey. I loved it so much I gave away all of my vintage borsalinos, open roads, 1 wippet, a mallory arristocrat a dobbs 20, and a 1930s long hair beaver borsalino in a mink brown! Then I moved(recentley) to St Helena, and kept Arts 2 hats back in San Diego.

I noticed slight red marks about a month ago, So I went to hat guys on the 9 hour roundtrip ride to get my slight red marks removed after learning my corgi dog baby "Metro" had died when he had three heart attacks from eating fertalizer. On the way to the hat shop some women spilled nail polish or some chemical on my hat which bleached into the fur creating red marks all over the hat and sunk in the felt. So I went to get the stains removed on the only hat I own, they said it had sunk into the furfelt and bleed the hat.

So impulsivley I purchased some Bickmore hat remover. They said it would'nt do anything but me being so impulsive I doused this hat in the spray since going hatless=rip. Then I realized I had no brush to brush off this white foam I had sprayed on my hat. Then the whitness sunk into the depths of my hat bleaching this hat with white marks and red lines all over it. i still wear the hat since i only have one and I can't have my head be naked.

Then I got held up In a Richmond bart system managed to get a bus to downtown Vallejo where the bus was late so i went to buy the worst mexican food I ever had. then my bus came when I ate. So I waited another hour at a bus stop in the rain and fog with some guy that was tripping on acid and wanted to talk about his drug life and making underground bay area rap beats. So then I took a 3 hour bus to napa. while on the bus I learned that no more buses went into St Helena from Napa so i spent $65 on a taxi on a 25 minute trip back from napa to St Helena where what behold I found a huge ant infastation In my house when I found I had left mild crumbs of an aged french sheeps cheese on the cutting board . I think this should be an adaptation of one of Woody Alans screenplays.:p

So I went to go fix a few minor stains on my my custom optimo and ended up paying over a $120 dollars to screw my life

Optimo said they would be able to remake the hat for free but with a rush order it will be made the quickest by april 1. I NEED A NEW HAT......... FAST FAST FAST! if any one is willing to sell a hat in a mid grey wide black band 2 3/4 inch brim and teardrop I WILL PAY Whatever you want and more. ....... I'll put food on your table and send your kids to college.;) PLEASE for my sanity help me.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I don't have a hat for you, but I hope that was the last of the day. Good luck finding more hats and repairing your favorite one. Never decide to have just one. It's good to have a variety.

metropd

One Too Many
Thank you Happyfilmluvguy. At the time It was a horrible day, but I tried to maintain a positive outlook and attitude, So that got me through the day. I know I am incontrol of how I feel so It was not as bad of a day as it could have been and it was a good experience to learn from.;)

Aerol

A-List Customer
A tip of the hat

to Graham at Optimo. It seems like he's giving a $450 hat to a customer just to help out. Now that's service, and caring, above and beyond the call of duty!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
metropd said:
I gave away all of my vintage borsalinos, open roads, 1 wippet, a mallory arristocrat a dobbs 20, and a 1930s long hair beaver borsalino in a mink brown!

This is why the hat gods are going to take your soul, right?
And you didn't even offer them to me.

metropd said:
So impulsivley I purchased some Bickmore hat remover.

A well named product to be sure.

metropd said:
if any one is willing to sell a hat in a mid grey wide black band 2 3/4 inch brim and teardrop I WILL PAY Whatever you want and more. ....... I'll put food on your table and send your kids to college.;) PLEASE for my sanity help me.

What's your size?

metropd

One Too Many
to Graham at Optimo. It seems like he's giving a $450 hat to a customer just to help out. Now that's service, and caring, above and beyond the call of duty!

Graham is out of town right now but I spoke to a second in command and they said they would make it for free and Grahmn would be fine:eusa_clap . I never thought they would but I spoke to Art who said they would so I called them. By the way I am also looking to order a hat from Art (in a specific color) so I can have variety again. I think in this industry its so great we have people like Art, Grahmn, Gary White, Duane, who go above and beyond the call of duty:eusa_clap, and of course the fellow loungers.

DOUGLAS

Check out the classified section and let me know if you see something you like. I'm sure I have a couple of 7-1/8s left.:)

feltfan

I did have one that small, a result of a bad eBay auction, as JP mentioned.
But I gave it to a neighbor. Hope he is wearing it... it was stingy,
though, so it wouldn't have fit the bill.

Good luck! At least the size isn't too difficult.
Try a local vintage shop. If you go in to SF,
they're sure to have something at Old Vogue in
North Beach. Just not in my size...

johnnycanuck

One hat?……. What were you thinking? Talking to my wife’s Grandfather, he said that in the thirties, when no one had any money, you still had two hats. One for field work, one for everything else. So a beater and a dress hat….. My advice is go out and get yourself a back up beater. For the price range you can buy a nice Akubra and get it delivered over the pond express post.

Stoney

Practically Family
Geez Metropd

My sympathies are on there way. Alas I have no hats in your size, or one would be winging it's way toward you. [huh]

One good thing about all this, after reading your story I feel much better about the wreck of a time I had all of last week. lol

I'm very glad that someone can help.

metropd

One Too Many
I'm so thankfull for all of your hospatility, the lounge is like family.:eusa_clap I talked to Grahmn and there was a misunderstanding. The person on the phone that I talked too had some "miscommunication":eusa_doh: and now I will have to pay full price. I completley understand that Optimo can't pay me to wear their hat( unless they knew how much of a PR Machine I am for them;) " So I'm looking to Art right now.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred