Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Kill Hitler

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
No worries there. I always have a open ability to me so "mum" at times and shall never allow a guess to provoke anything new to develop over the pondering wonderment of thoughts about that entire topic.

If you tossed a few darts to come up with what you have so far, please practice more often BUT do not let us here know the score, please! LOL!

As the Lone Ranger would say, "You go into town, Tonto, and come back to report what you find out about the Bart brothers". We all know that Tonto always came back to see the Lone Ranger to report, without saying one single word, with at least a black eye and all tuffled up looking! lol!

I think that we can agree anout the undesirablilty of "Apologetic statemen of a compromising kind, such as What-Cha-Call-It, Thing-Ma-Bob and Likewise-Never Mind. There's Tut-Tut-Tut, and What's-His-Name, and also You-Know-Who. The task of filling up the blanks I'd rather leave to you, for it really doesn't matter whom you put upon the list. They'd none of 'em be missed. They'd none of them be missed!"

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am sure Daniel would desire of me to post this regarding Hitler. Not too many people have discussed this factor about Hitler, however a report done a very long time ago suggests that Hitler may have had some serious issues mentally due to chemical unbalances tied to physical problems. He was said to have used very large amounts of granulated sugar on most of the foods he consumed, including wine and other beverages that he drank.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
You are close in so many ways as to what we here in my home look and view upon on how in the world that Hitler made his case to the population of Germany. First thing he really knew he would have to do is, to make a common cause to unite the population. So by making the wealthy business owners (of the Jewish ethnic) the "enemy of the State", he gained ground in popularity. Next up, he needed to give a reason for taking over all the businesses and telling everyone he would "turn them over to the State" so that everyone....everyone would share the wealth. Next he promised all the people that he would have social programs that would take care of all their needs, including medical care, food, etc. Now Hitler did a great deal of other things that are horrible to say the least, but by openly making all these promises and offering the programs to the general masses of the population of Germany, everyone then felt it might not be such a bad thing to allow him to run the show. We all know what he did with everything. He spent it all on war. There is some deep thinking individuals that conclude, when the once powerful German Mark fell, and that no one wanted any more currency from Germany, it would have ended the war regardless of had Hitler stuck around. The End was already there.

"Next he promised all the people that he would have social programs that would take care of all their needs, including medical care, food..."

Why ever would he need to do that? Socialized medical insurance, Food supply for the working poor and the indigent, subsidized rent, old age pensions, burial funds , kindergarten, Creches (day care facilities), subsidized sport, Workmens' Compensation insurance, and many other social support functions had been part of the fabric of German life from the earliest days of the Empire, years before Hitler's birth. As far as the mark falling, well it fell hard in 1923 and became irredeemable in 1932. The Mark had not been powerful since 1914, and even then it was distinctly subordinate to the Pound Sterling, and the rising Dollar.

Edward

Bartender
You are close in so many ways as to what we here in my home look and view upon on how in the world that Hitler made his case to the population of Germany. First thing he really knew he would have to do is, to make a common cause to unite the population. So by making the wealthy business owners (of the Jewish ethnic) the "enemy of the State", he gained ground in popularity. Next up, he needed to give a reason for taking over all the businesses and telling everyone he would "turn them over to the State" so that everyone....everyone would share the wealth. Next he promised all the people that he would have social programs that would take care of all their needs, including medical care, food, etc. Now Hitler did a great deal of other things that are horrible to say the least, but by openly making all these promises and offering the programs to the general masses of the population of Germany, everyone then felt it might not be such a bad thing to allow him to run the show. We all know what he did with everything. He spent it all on war. There is some deep thinking individuals that conclude, when the once powerful German Mark fell, and that no one wanted any more currency from Germany, it would have ended the war regardless of had Hitler stuck around. The End was already there.

I often wonder whether another leadrr would have done that. Was it such an obviojs move (the scapegoating, long before tbe deathcamps were thought of). Hitler invented none ofcthose prejudices; anti-semitism, among other things, was rife across Europe. Clever move to exploit it, and with Goebbels so effective. Yeesh, it's horrific how humans will treat each other, and how they cam be manipulated on a mass scale.

Nobert

Practically Family
He also loved to pour linseed oil on baked potatoes, the result being a meal that must've smelled like the floor at Woolworth's. Don't tell me *that's* not evil.
I'm not sure, I always liked the smell of the floor at J.J. Newberry's. Not enough to eat it, though.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
He also loved to pour linseed oil on baked potatoes, the result being a meal that must've smelled like the floor at Woolworth's. Don't tell me *that's* not evil.

Linseed oil was a common fat used by the poor of the Dual Monarchy as a salad oil. Potatoes with Linseed oil were a substitute for meat when it was too dear. Madame Schumann-Heink, who grew up in considerable poverty in a suburb of Prague, Bohemia, mentions awful linseed oil salads in her immensely amusing authorized biography The Last of the Titans

Nobert

Practically Family
Linseed oil was a common fat used by the poor of the Dual Monarchy as a salad oil. Potatoes with Linseed oil were a substitute for meat when it was too dear. Madame Schumann-Heink, who grew up in considerable poverty in a suburb of Prague, Bohemia, mentions awful linseed oil salads in her immensely amusing authorized biography The Last of the Titans

This goes a long way towards explaining that thing I've heard about margarine (a German invention), being chemically close to floor wax.

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
... So by making the wealthy business owners (of the Jewish ethnic) the "enemy of the State", he gained ground in popularity...

Just to be clear: he didn't target only wealthy, business-owning Jews; he targeted all Jews, even those who no longer considered themselves Jewish or who had gone so far as to convert to another religion--even those whose parents and grandparents had converted to another religion.

Interesting thought experiment.

A

Edward

Bartender
Just to be clear: he didn't target only wealthy, business-owning Jews; he targeted all Jews, even those who no longer considered themselves Jewish or who had gone so far as to convert to another religion--even those whose parents and grandparents had converted to another religion.

Interesting thought experiment.

A

Mn. Some of the "Jewish" folks who ended up in camps and ultimately ovens didn't even know they were Jewish until the Nazis came for them. Some of them had been supporters prior to that point. Actually, the identification of those people was made by use of census data... and is the direct root of all European Data Protection law today, law which protects private information and limits the use to which it may be put.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Our internet is down due to ice storm but to reply about the jewish factor sure many non jews or religious factors came into play but the overall scheme was to unite germany by making the jewish people a target for the population to hate for a common cause,

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This plan also gave ol Adolf free reign to do what ever he wanted to do with business and property making everything he wanted to be turned over to the state

LizzieMaine

Bartender

Evidently, then, linseed oil is rather -- ah -- fattening. Madame S-H was not exactly known for her sylph-like figure.

Herr Hitler was also notoriously flatulent, which must've made the atmosphere in the bunker rather trying.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Our internet is down due to ice storm but to reply about the jewish factor sure many non jews or religious factors came into play but the overall scheme was to unite germany by making the jewish people a target for the population to hate for a common cause,

In that respect, Hitler had nothing original to say -- he simply digested the general run of anti-Semitic thought that was extremely common across Europe around the turn of the century.

His main objection to the Jews was purely racial -- he felt that they were no part of the German Volkisch state, and therefore weakened it. He used economics as a talking point, but it was a just a thin veneer designed to sell his racial beliefs. Aryan -- Germanic Aryan -- supremacy was the cornerstone of everything he believed and everything he taught.

Which, of course, is a bit ridiculous coming from a short, smelly, monorchidic brown-haired mama's-boy, but he was very very good at marketing.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
In that respect, Hitler had nothing original to say -- he simply digested the general run of anti-Semitic thought that was extremely common across Europe around the turn of the century.

His main objection to the Jews was purely racial -- he felt that they were no part of the German Volkisch state, and therefore weakened it. He used economics as a talking point, but it was a just a thin veneer designed to sell his racial beliefs. Aryan -- Germanic Aryan -- supremacy was the cornerstone of everything he believed and everything he taught.

Which, of course, is a bit ridiculous coming from a short, smelly, monorchidic brown-haired mama's-boy, but he was very very good at marketing.

True for sure that what he did was no where near a new plan of how to take over a nation or kingdom, perhaps the same steps have been taken since the dawn of mankind in general. But there were specific steps he took, to rally the population behind him. He quickly found that giving great public addresses fueled his beliefs onto the masses to bolster his political agenda.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
"Next he promised all the people that he would have social programs that would take care of all their needs, including medical care, food..."

Why ever would he need to do that? Socialized medical insurance, Food supply for the working poor and the indigent, subsidized rent, old age pensions, burial funds , kindergarten, Creches (day care facilities), subsidized sport, Workmens' Compensation insurance, and many other social support functions had been part of the fabric of German life from the earliest days of the Empire, years before Hitler's birth. As far as the mark falling, well it fell hard in 1923 and became irredeemable in 1932. The Mark had not been powerful since 1914, and even then it was distinctly subordinate to the Pound Sterling, and the rising Dollar.

http://llco.org/hitlers-beneficiaries-2005-by-gotz-aly/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebi.../germany19291947/2economicsocialpolicy2.shtml

Just a few examples of what I was stating about the promises Hitler used to gain control of Germany.

Last edited:

cchgn

One of the Regulars
True for sure that what he did was no where near a new plan of how to take over a nation or kingdom, perhaps the same steps have been taken since the dawn of mankind in general. But there were specific steps he took, to rally the population behind him. He quickly found that giving great public addresses fueled his beliefs onto the masses to bolster his political agenda.

well, like all great dictators, he followed a set list:
1. take advantage of a crisis
2. instill fear in the public heart
3. provide a solution.
4. take control of the elections
5. take contol of the military
6.instill martial law.

History is full of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member