Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
A few jackets. Oddly the jackets have outlasted the bikes as rides have changed but not necessarily the Jackets.

Lost Worlds Trojan
View attachment 158563
Lost Worlds Brown Horsehide View attachment 158564
View attachment 158600
Lost Worlds J-23 Goat View attachment 158565
LW Goat View attachment 158567
Lost Worlds Brown Horse and Denim Used for the first time on the Trike this past Tuesday.
View attachment 158566
I’d like to hear more about the LW goat.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
45BBD767-4095-437D-9BCC-7BDAA6EE4342.jpeg
I’ve posted this pic before and while it is out of the spirit of the thread, the LW Anj-4 makes for a great actual riding jacket. This is due to its short length and the mobility created by under arm gussets. For me 45 is COLD on a bike. Throw on an Anj and getna few extra weekends of ride time.

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I don’t own these anymore but here is a small sample of some that I liked.
Vanson:
View attachment 158475
LW:
View attachment 158476
Bates:
View attachment 158477
Vanson:
View attachment 158478
Aero:
View attachment 158479
Vanson:
View attachment 158480
Aero:
View attachment 158481
Johnson leathers:
View attachment 158482
Simmons Bilt:
View attachment 158483
Cal:
View attachment 158558
Ton I always felt that Johnson Leathers in the overdye was one of your absolute best. Remind me again what in God’s name made you ditch that one?

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I’d like to hear more about the LW goat.

It's been across the U.S. twice. Once solo on the Heritage Softail and last year on the Tri-Glide. It has the standard black quilted lining and is comfortable but wears like iron. I have owned it for about 4 years and it is excellent for cool weather to warm weather. Goat is probably as weather resistant as horse but without the stiffness. It really doesn't show grain as much as steer or the more tumbled horse but for motorcycle use I think it works well.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Really love this one. Natal Leathers.
IMG-20180303-212606.jpg
This nice one could’ve also appeared in the “short jacket” thread. I still don’t know if there’s any sort of consensus about where the bottom hem should hit. Seems to simply be a matter of personal preference.

I haven't received it yet, but here's some pix from the listing. Not sure if its a Cal, but it sure looks like one. I hope THIS one fits, but it was a pretty cheap gamble:)
TOyp9Zy.jpg

uYJ4OZJ.jpg

mziCteQ.jpg

Very nice. I spoke with seller and the main zip may need some work (replace?) but certainly worth it. I considered the BIN too.

I hit post too soon:: awesome jacket man. Enjoy it.

lucky23

One of the Regulars
Very nice. I spoke with seller and the main zip may need some work (replace?) but certainly worth it. I considered the BIN too.

I hit post too soon:: awesome jacket man. Enjoy it.
Thanks! I made an offer of $250 and they accepted. Its not perfect, but good enough for a daily wear. I figured it was a cheap gamble? I was extremely bummed the Columbia didn't fit that I recently purchased, so my fingers are crossed for this one. Do you think its a Cal?

Thanks! I made an offer of $250 and they accepted. Its not perfect, but good enough for a daily wear. I figured it was a cheap gamble? I was extremely bummed the Columbia didn't fit that I recently purchased, so my fingers are crossed for this one. Do you think its a Cal?

I do. Great price too. I should have made an offer but glad you got it.

I have a few Cals and a 1st white tag Langlitz Colombia. While the Langlitz is no joke and I treasure it, there is just something about these old Cals. I hope this one has that old Cal smell, I wish I could bottle it. Very distinct aroma, almost woodsy. Though only two of mine have it. My wife, who is odor sensitive and a complete PIA when it comes to smell, loves it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana