Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Art Fawcett Stingies!

Viper Man

Banned
Ahhh, thanks for the search tips, Mr. Lucky...

PATSGAME.jpg

I Love IT! lol

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Perhaps I shouldn't post this after Weegee. He looks perfect in his VS stingy. Minus me,here's one from a while back. The flash makes the hat appear much lighter than the actual color which is almost black.

goddardhatashotqt3mu1.jpg

It's based upon a hat worn in the early 1960's by the french director Jean-Luc Godard,but I've come to think of it as my "New York" Sinatra hat. It's one of my favorite hats.

RBH

Bartender
Sefton said:
Perhaps I shouldn't post this after Weegee. He looks perfect in his VS stingy. Minus me,here's one from a while back. The flash makes the hat appear much lighter than the actual color which is almost black.

goddardhatashotqt3mu1.jpg

It's based upon a hat worn in the early 1960's by the french director Jean-Luc Godard,but I've come to think of it as my "New York" Sinatra hat. It's one of my favorite hats.
:eusa_clap Very NICE! :eusa_clap

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:
:eusa_clap YES! I knew there had to be more out there. That's great Sefton. Is that a diamond crown? What is the brim width?
Actually,it's a teardrop-it just looks like a diamond from that angle.The brim is 1 3/4" and the crown at the tallest point is about 4 3/4. Thanks for the kind words.

Feraud

Bartender
Sefton said:
That is a sweet hat. Great name too!

Viper Man

Banned
Aren't there any more out there?!?

After seeing these, I broke down and sent my deposit to Art for my own custom stingy! I'm pretty stoked about it, too. There is nothing greater than working with a true artisan to design your dream lid. Now comes the hard part, narrowing down the specific details of color, ribbon treatment, specs, etc. I do know for sure that I want a 2" brim and I'd like it to be a diamond crown porkpie. It seems Art has never done one but I am confident that it will look splendid!

I suppose the hardest part is still ahead of me; waiting for it to be completed. :D

Viper Man

Banned
Cool, Bolthead! My wife is urging me to be conservative about the color but I am totally enamored with the midnight blue and am leaning heavily in that direction. A Stingy Brim Diamond Crown Savoy is essentially what I was thinking.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
YOUR GONNA LOVE IT!

Viper Man
Aren't there any more out there?!?

After seeing these, I broke down and sent my deposit to Art for my own custom stingy! I'm pretty stoked about it, too. There is nothing greater than working with a true artisan to design your dream lid. Now comes the hard part, narrowing down the specific details of color, ribbon treatment, specs, etc. I do know for sure that I want a 2" brim and I'd like it to be a diamond crown porkpie. It seems Art has never done one but I am confident that it will look splendid!

I suppose the hardest part is still ahead of me; waiting for it to be completed.

Besides for the "Frankie" i have two stingy porkpies and the "Monk"....

Great hats every one.

MONKRIBBON1W.jpg

MFSTREETHOCKEYCARTOON.jpg

tracyam

One of the Regulars
Hey all,
Still new around here and I've run into the term "stingy" a lot. I'm sorry but I just have to ask...is it pronounced "sting-y" like a bee sting or "stinGEE?" No one in the podunk town I live in will know and I'm still pretty new to it all. Am I right in thinking that the term implies a very narrow brim and nothing more?

Ricbob

New in Town
Sefton - Please

Hey Sefton, i am seriously thinking about having Art make me a clone of your hat. Would love to see what the hat looks like being worn. Would greatly appreciate if you would post some pictures or send me a picture or three.
Thanks in advance, Rick

Viper Man

Banned
The Southtown

I figured I'd dig this thread back up since I now own a VS "Work of Art". I ended up going with a featherweight or "Artlite" in Granite and I asked Art to style it after the "Uptown" but with a 2" brim. Since I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, I've dubbed it "The Southtown".

I gotta say, I LOVE this hat! It is fantastic in every way and Art is indeed a master craftsman. I am already chomping at the bit for another custom VS but I am afraid I'll have to wait awhile since my wife has imposed a "1 custom hat per year" moratorium! lol

318035265.jpg

318035262.jpg

318035272.jpg

318035269.jpg

319649299.jpg

319653162.jpg

Cheers! :D

319654146.jpg

EDIT: I just realized that the first page of this thread is missing (most likely a result of the recent server crash?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore