Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your mechanical watches

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Tudor B20 movement of my Breitling broke in a bit after giving it more time on the wrist meanwhile. Divergence decreased from +6s/day to +3s/day.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
The Tudor B20 movement of my Breitling broke in a bit after giving it more time on the wrist meanwhile. Divergence decreased from +6s/day to +3s/day.

That’s very good time keeping if you’re getting that consistently.

Turnip

Yes, I think so too. Think the accuracy will still increase a bit, time will tell.

Most accurate mechanical movement I’ve got is my Omega 8500 which is constantly about 0,7s/day ahead over the last two years, if I remember right.

DrVoel

New in Town
Merely a homage since I couldn’t even find let alone buy a the original Vintage Omega

Attachments

• 60FA6BA0-7AC0-4155-95B8-AFE146EFC48C.jpeg
    60FA6BA0-7AC0-4155-95B8-AFE146EFC48C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 653
Hm, thinking about it. Are we doing kind of Buddhism while playing, swinging, relaxing with our automatic watches? Like doing mantras as the buddhistic monks? :)

Turnip

Depends on the time you wear your watch and your activity within that time slot, as well as on the movement. So in theory, you could reach full tension, practically it will be somewhere around 3/4. Usually the winding rate should not play an overly role in accuracy as modern movements compensate that, more or less well.

Turnip

Hm, thinking about it. Are we doing kind of Buddhism while playing, swinging, relaxing with our automatic watches? Like doing mantras as the buddhistic monks? :)

I fear I’ll have to confess that i just wear them.

But sometimes I still catch myself watching the beautiful movement of my Omega in boring meetings when I already had my spot.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Your Wyler is a wonderful time piece. My folks gave me one as a gift while still in high school. I ended working as a life guard a few years in high school and later while in college. Loved that watch. About the same time frame I took up the, then, new sport of water fall ice climbing. One afternoon at a balmy -20C climbing in Canada I looked down to see just the lower case of my Wyler still attached to my wrist. I was so disappointed to loose my first treasured "heirloom". It took me a few years to discover and then afford my first Rolex tool watch. But haven't been without one since. At the time the Wyler was an affordable tool watch for a young kid who would never have appreciated a Rolex as I might/should have.

carl.jpg

Attachments

• 430.JPG
    430.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 547

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto