Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your mechanical watches

Talbot

One Too Many
^^^I have been a bit 'German' lately....

Top is a 90's reissue by Tag of the 1964 Heuer Carrera. The Hanhart is a 1939 Flieger Chrono.

As previously stated you can get the Flieger Chrono in Poljot reps, although getting harder to find.

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
It's not vintage, and it isn't fancy. But is sure looks nice (to me at least). I got this watch at CVS for $9.99. This watch was a wonderful deal. I love the stretch band.
Nus0cYl.jpg

w0uUX0D.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Stearmen;
I think your Timex is a pin lever movement from the 60's
http://people.timezone.com/library/comarticles/comarticles0031
Richard
For such a cheep watch, it is turning out to be a bit of a mystery! All the watches I have found are a little different. They either have numbers in the four positions, double hash marks at the 12 position, wide hash marks, or a date at the 3 position. Not one photo of mine. Makes me think, it was a one year only?

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
My watch's face shattered the other day, so I was thinking of getting a new watch. Does anyone know of a vintage styled watch for under $35? I like the stretchy bracelet type band, and I don't want leather. The last time I had a leather band, it rotted. I could however, just buy the same watch from CVS, but I don't know if they make it anymore. I don't want a glow in the dark radium watch.

Last edited:

lordwinters

Familiar Face
My watch's face shattered the other day, so I was thinking of getting a new watch. Does anyone know of a vintage styled watch for under $35? I like the stretchy bracelet type band, and I don't want leather. The last time I had a leather band, it rotted. I could however, just buy the same watch from CVS, but I don't know if they make it anymore.

Is this Timex watch vintage styled?

Why don't you check out vintage mechanical watches, most antique shops have loads, albeit perhaps not the most sought after and high quality watches, but you can certainly get a good enough mechanical from the 1940's for less than 35 USD.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Square/rectangular watches were very popular in the 1930s and 40s, I believe. If I remember rightly, they were correctly called 'Tank' watches, due to the blocky shape. I think they look very Art Deco and of their time. Angular and clean lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy