Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Photos currently unavailable, but I recently purchased two pocket watches. One Waltham Riverside and one IWC.

movement.JPG
A Riverside like this or a Maximus?

bunny chan

Familiar Face
I received this gorgeous little watch for christmas, but I'm not an expert and I can not date it...
Can anyone help me?

orologiou.jpg

B.

diaboliq

New in Town
My vintage Zenith (1967) on the strap set I made for it.

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

Dear Joseph

Thank you for your below email. Your watch was produced in 1967 and is fitted with a calibre 2542 PC.

Best regards

Emilie LINDER
Sales & Administration
Zenith-logo-913D9D0485-seeklogo.com.gif

Branch of LVMH Swiss Manufactures S.A.
Billodes 34
CH-2000 Le Locle
Switzerland

Office: +41 32 930 65 20
Fax: +41 32 930 64 40

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
I have this Ross for quite a while but after wearing it lately, just wanted to make a pic of it and also maybe find out something about the previous owner.

P1030681.jpg

P1030682.jpg

Some collectors may not like engravings, but for me it gaves a vintage watch a "face" and makes me always wondering about who they were and what they would have thought about others someday owning their pieces even decades after they are gone. If my assumption is correct and Annawon Lodge means a mason lodge, someone in another board told me the W.M. could stand for Worshipful Master and I think about such a more important person should still exist something until today to learn who he was.

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hi James,

I don't quite understand what it was you were asking me. But here are the photographs for the two watches. In each instance, the Riverside is the watch on the RIGHT. The IWC is the watch on the LEFT.

watches1.jpg

watches2.jpg

watches3.jpg

A better shot of the Riverside's movement...

WalthamRiverside19002.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I have this Ross for quite a while but after wearing it lately, just wanted to make a pic of it and also maybe find out something about the previous owner.

P1030682.jpg

Some collectors may not like engravings, but for me it gaves a vintage watch a "face" and makes me always wondering about who they were and what they would have thought about others someday owning their pieces even decades after they are gone. If my assumption is correct and Annawon Lodge means a mason lodge, someone in another board told me the W.M. could stand for Worshipful Master and I think about such a more important person should still exist something until today to learn who he was.

http://www.annawonlodge115.org/index.php/home/lodge-menu/annawon-lodge-history.html

PoohBang

Suspended
Here's one that's maybe not totally "Vintage" but 40 years old in a watch probably is getting close...

It's my new 1971 Seiko 3169-6002... My step dad bought it new while on leave in Japan.
DSC09709.jpg

DSC09710.jpg

it's currently being cleaned, oiled and all around adjusted as it's never been touched...

Talbot

One Too Many
Hang on to it! These are becoming very popular and have quite a following. My watch guy does a lot of restoration work on watches like this for Seiko Australia and says they are very nice units.

Hi James,

I don't quite understand what it was you were asking me. But here are the photographs for the two watches. In each instance, the Riverside is the watch on the RIGHT. The IWC is the watch on the LEFT.
A better shot of the Riverside's movement...

WalthamRiverside19002.jpg

Ok, you have a Riverside. The Riverside Maximus was a 21 jewel movement with a gold train.
88RivMaxMvt.jpg

They were both high end watches.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo