Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEVI LVC "1914 CHINOS" (1920's khaki trousers)

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I’m selling these rare LVC (Levi Vintage Clothing) chinos. This is the “1914 Chino” they offered several years ago. It’s an exact copy of a pair in Levi’s archival collection. Despite the title I believe they actually date to the early 1920s. If you’re looking for a pair of 1920s/1930s styled khakis with wide legs, high waist, and suspender buttons then look no further!

These are a beautiful deep tan/khaki and made from a heavy cotton drill. They have Levi Strauss stamped metal fly/suspender buttons, sailcloth pocket bags, a beautiful woven 1920s Levi label, fob pocket, and belt loops (including a front anchor loop to hold the belt in place). Top quality materials and workmanship throughout and a painstakingly detailed copy.

They are almost as new. I have worn them just three or four times. However they are factory distressed - not excessively so, they aren’t tatty, but they have some skilfully contrived ageing such as light fraying to the stress points etc. (why they go the effort to do this I really don’t understand. You’d think they’d at least have offered some in deadstock conditon, but they didn’t). I also removed the modern Levi care tag when I got them to make them look more authentic, but I still have it, also the original shop tag, and they will be included.

These were labelled as size 33 waist x 34 inside leg, but as often with LVC this bears little relationship to the actual size. They actually measure 34 ¬? to 35‚Äú waist and 31 ¬? ‚Äú inside leg. They have a 3‚Äù hem inside so could be lowered by about 2 ¬æ‚Äù (bringing them back to just over the labelled 34‚Äù leg of course). Alternatively, this internal hem allows anyone with functioning hands and a needle and thread to make a standard 1 ¬?‚Äù turn up (cuff) just by folding the desired amount back and tacking it to the seams. I wore them like this (reducing the inside leg to 30‚Äù) but have now put them back to the original configuration. N.B. These have been factory pre-shrunk and also washed three or four times by me, and they will not shrink!!

They are a classic period full cut and measure 10 ¾“ across the cuff.

When I got these I was a 34 waist and the fit was excellent. I am now a 33 and they still fit OK but are getting a little loose round the butt for my taste, and as I’m heading towards 32 and have just acquired a smaller pair these ones have got to go! I would say they will fit 33-35 OK, though a 33 will probably want to cinch them with a belt.

These are the original “chinos”, but forget even the 1940s and 50s ones, let alone the modern ones. The cut and fit of these is quite different. They should be worn high waisted with suspenders, which gives them a wonderful classic high back. For the classic period working man look wear a belt as well as braces to stop industrial debris from getting inside!

Price is £60 (about $115). To put this in perspective: I’m told they originally retailed for about $400 in Levi’s shops. Aero Leather had a few recently which went quickly at £90 each (about $172).

UK postage will be £5.70. Insured/Trackable Airmail to Europe will be £10.69 and to the rest of the world including the US £15.08 (about $29).

DSCN7816.jpg

DSCN7842.jpg

DSCN7834.jpg

DSCN7828.jpg

nightandthecity

Practically Family
OK folks, I guess this sale is closed and Speedster wins......with good ol' BT in reserve.

Now check out the LVC bike jacket I listed yesterday....I'd sooner sell it here than on evilbay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy