Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis Leather Sherpa Made in Japan

Przemek

New in Town
Hello Everyone

Have any of you heard about Sharpa Levis from the late 1980s, made in Japan?
The suit has fur in the lining, but there is nothing like the classic sherpa fur on the collar.

Thanks for your help

Przemek

Great looking jacket, though there's nothing particularly surprising about it.
Levi's made hundreds of different leather trucker models and I had often stumbled upon something new. Still am, obviously as I have never seen this particular combo but I have seen fur-lined leather truckers in different variations.
But this is pretty awesome, not gonna lie. I'm almost sad they've used synthetic fur for the lining instead of sheepskin 'cause the leather looks really high quality.

Przemek

New in Town
Thank you very much for your help. I want to admit that I doubt that it was made in Japan. The seller claims that the tap is cut off, but I was looking for and nowhere else can I find anything about it.
Thanks for your help again. As always, great respect for the knowledge. Thank you

Thank you very much for your help. I want to admit that I doubt that it was made in Japan. The seller claims that the tap is cut off, but I was looking for and nowhere else can I find anything about it.
Thanks for your help again. As always, great respect for the knowledge. Thank you

It could've been made in Japan but I have my doubts. I'm thinking Italy or Turkey, maybe Poland. But as I said, it's not impossible. Back then, having this jacket made in Japan didn't mean a single thing (and to this day, the best leather stuff they've made is from Italy).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB