Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis and thomas Saltz Fedora for sale!! Size 7 1/8

Addisonspencer

New in Town
il_570xN.221718661.jpg

il_570xN.221720408.jpg

il_570xN.221718547.jpg

This hat belonged to my grandfather in the late 1960s. It has his initials FAS on the inside brim. It is a brown felt hat with a brown satin trim above the brim. It is from Lewish and Thomas Saltz in Washington DC- now out of business.

Size 7 1/8

It is in excellent condition- has been in the hatbox for probably close to 35-40 years.

The box is a little banged up around the edges on the top and bottom, but it's still in one piece and has the original plastic straps. It does say Churchill Hats Ltd. on the side, but on the bottom there is a sticker/tag that says Lewis and Thomas Saltz, so I'm not sure if that was a Churchill hat made for this store, or if it was just an extra box the store had, or what.

It also says beaver twenty on the inside brim- I'm not exactly sure what that means

Go to:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/68738387/vintage-mens-lewis-and-thomas-saltz

W. Buchanan

New in Town
Would you be open to a trade, or are you just selling? I have a used light-gray Stetson fedora if you're interested. I can post or send you pics. Let me know.

W. Buchanan

New in Town
All right, unless I missed your starting offer, I would give $60 for it.

If you don't mind, too, what would be the brim and crown sizes in inches, please?

Addisonspencer

New in Town
he brim is just under 2in, like 1 15/16th or something like that. and the crown is about 5in tall.

And $60 would be fine- I do have it for sale on etsy.com, where I can reserve it for you, where you could pay by paypal and I can have it shipped by Monday/Tuesday, or you can send me a check, in which case I will wait until the check clears in my account to ship the hat out. Either way is perfectly fine with me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran