Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Like hell it's yours! Hat cards

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
After an "upgrade" to the Lounge (the one that makes this place look like an iphone), all old links were broken.

Here's the way I search the Lounge with Google:

like hell it's yours site:thefedoralounge.com

Lgrant

New in Town
My dad used to have one of these cards (printed on Day-Glo orange card stock) in the sweatband of his hat, along with his business card. I never took them to be something to ward off hat thieves, or even people who want to inappropriately handle your hat. Since, back in the day, there were a lot of men wearing the same style of hat, I figured it was for the guy who accidentally picks up a hat that looks like his but isn't. He would quickly notice the error by seeing the card, more quickly than he would be reading the business card and seeing if it was his, particularly since the sweat band obscures a lot of the business card. And even if everybody had "Like Hell it's yours" cards, there was probably enough variation to help quickly tell hats apart.

Andrew friedhofen

New in Town
Hello everyone
I got a nice cavanagh a few weeks ago and it had an amusing card inside from the seller. I saw a variation of this card recently. Do you find these often?
20190623_174139.jpg

Hello everyone
I got a nice cavanagh a few weeks ago and it had an amusing card inside from the seller. I saw a variation of this card recently. Do you find these often? View attachment 174159

We have a thread titled “Ask a Question, Get an Answer” where you can post these types of questions. We prefer to not have new threads started when the subject otherwise fits in an existing thread; it gets cumbersome to find things if we don’t do this. Also, be prepared for a bartender (site moderator) to merge your thread(s) into another thread. It’s just what we all go through when we’re new here. No harm done. I hope you stick around and keep posting photos of your hats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashone