Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Linen

Edward

Bartender
I can understand why. Linen is (IMHO) not suitable for every occasion. I would'nt wear linen to a business meeting (unless said meeting is on the Cayman Islands :) ) For me it sits firmly at the more casual end of the spectrum. And even then it's probably not for everybody.

Depends on the colour for me. In the Before Times (and, Deus Volens, 'post' Covid19) I would attend two graduation ceremonies in the Summer - one in London, the other in Beijing. Usually in the region of 30 Celsius at both. What makes that bearable for me is a black or navy linen suit under my gown. That said, last time out in Beijing I wore a kilt and shirtsleeves under the gown, and that worked too!

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
I've recently got my linen sport coat from my tailor. I'm modifying it and having the lining minimized. But I do really enjoy my beige seersucker suit. I can mix and match. Hard to beat that with a linen shirt and Panama hat.

I've recently got my linen sport coat from my tailor. I'm modifying it and having the lining minimized. But I do really enjoy my beige seersucker suit. I can mix and match. Hard to beat that with a linen shirt and Panama hat.
I had my tailor make two linen shirt/jackets for me. It is my 'go to' jacket for a goodly part of the year. It was a heavier weight 'laundered linen'...pre broken in but I do need to find a lighter weight and have a few shirts made for those days too warm for a jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran