Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

liquid eyeliner?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone use liquid eyeliner? If so, what brand? I picked up a Maybeline eyeliner just on a whim, while grocery shopping. While I like the look when it's fresh, it tends to smudge much more than my usual pencil liner.

I use Maybelline Ultra-liner and have for years....tried others but was happier with this one and its price. I was just putting it on lamenting the challenge it becomes as one ages and starts to get the little creases & wrinkles....gets so much harder to get a smooth line! :(

Ang

Jeynne

New in Town
I started using MAC's liquid eyeliner about a month ago, and I've had pretty good results with it. For some reason, it seems easier to apply than the other brands I've tried.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
It's not a liquid but Smash Box has a cream eye liner. The brush that comes seperate is very square and flat. You just work the cream onto the brush and then all you have to do is just press the tip of the brush to your lash line. You can make it as thin/light or thick/dark as you want. It doesnt' seem to smear on me and I use heavier eye cream in the mornings. Go to Smash Box's website to see it.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Grnidwitch said:
It's not a liquid but Smash Box has a cream eye liner. The brush that comes seperate is very square and flat. You just work the cream onto the brush and then all you have to do is just press the tip of the brush to your lash line. You can make it as thin/light or thick/dark as you want. It doesnt' seem to smear on me and I use heavier eye cream in the mornings. Go to Smash Box's website to see it.

I use cream liner as well. It's more forgiving and much easier to put on than liquid eyeliner and you get similar results. A little more inexpensive, but just as good as the Smashbox version, is the Clinique cream liner. It comes in a little pot with a tiny little application brush so you don't have to buy an extra brush like you do when you buy other brands like MAC. The smashbox liner is $22 and the clinique version is $14.50.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
BeBopBaby said:
I use cream liner as well. It's more forgiving and much easier to put on than liquid eyeliner and you get similar results. A little more inexpensive, but just as good as the Smashbox version, is the Clinique cream liner. It comes in a little pot with a tiny little application brush so you don't have to buy an extra brush like you do when you buy other brands like MAC. The smashbox liner is $22 and the clinique version is $14.50.

OOOOOh. I got mine at CostCo. It was with a blush and gloss. That kind of thing. Cream eyeliner is great. Thanks for the info about Clinique.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Grnidwitch said:
OOOOOh. I got mine at CostCo. It was with a blush and gloss. That kind of thing. Cream eyeliner is great. Thanks for the info about Clinique.

Just to add - the clinique eyeliner stays on very well also. It survived last weekends 90 degree heat wave as I stood over hot coals/open fires taking an 18th century cooking class. If it can survive the sweaty mess that I was that day, it can survive anything.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I've been using liquid eyeliner for 5 years now. I've never gone back to pencil. Once I got used to it, it's so smooth and easy to apply and it lasts so much longer than my pencils ever did. Although it's worth getting a better brand rather than going for cheap, as with most make up, cheap liquid eyeliner tends not to last.

Moodle

New in Town
I use MAC's Fluidline liner--it is a little bit of an investment when you first start using it, because you do need to buy a separate brush, but it lasts forever, comes in a load of fantastic colors, and MAC sells an angled eyeliner brush (I think it's technically supposed to be for eyebrows, but it's perfect for liner) that makes any sort of upswing/cat's eye/flick quite easy. I promise they're not paying me to say this (hee), I just LOVE fluidline.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum said:
I've been using liquid eyeliner for 5 years now. I've never gone back to pencil. Once I got used to it, it's so smooth and easy to apply and it lasts so much longer than my pencils ever did. Although it's worth getting a better brand rather than going for cheap, as with most make up, cheap liquid eyeliner tends not to last.

Not always true, I have been using Rimmel's liquid liner for 10 years and not once had a problem with it lasting.

Josephine

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Not always true, I have been using Rimmel's liquid liner for 10 years and not once had a problem with it lasting.

I must be cheap, I thought Rimmel was expensive! :D Well, maybe not *expensive, but up there in price.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Hehe well maybe I am more upmarket than I think! lol

But seriously, Rimmel here is definitely a cheap, high street brand. My liner costs about £3.50 I think? As opposed to say MAC, which is £12. Perhaps is it higher end there as they import it and hike the price up?

Josephine

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Hehe well maybe I am more upmarket than I think! lol

But seriously, Rimmel here is definitely a cheap, high street brand. My liner costs about £3.50 I think? As opposed to say MAC, which is £12. Perhaps is it higher end there as they import it and hike the price up?

I got my Rimmel for $4.99 or $4.59 or something like that. Once in a blue moon I will buy cosmetics, so I have no reference to what's expensive and what isn't. :)

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I am a complete disaster when it comes to liquid eyeliner!

I must try it again and persevere perhaps! I cheat now and use the Revlon "Bedroom Eyes" powders!

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
RitaHayworth said:
I am a complete disaster when it comes to liquid eyeliner!

I must try it again and persevere perhaps! I cheat now and use the Revlon "Bedroom Eyes" powders!
try cake eyeliner instead, it's much easier to use, especially with an extra thin brush. i use hairspray on my eyeliner brush (let it dry before use...lol ), this way you get a super thin accurate line.

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
I have maybeline too, and I love it...but it does go soft after awhile and is harder to get a good line. I haven't tried anything else, but I have noticed my foundation makes a difference. When I use my regular brand it stays on but when I am in a rush and just throwing on my not so good "on the go" foundation it smears and rubs off sooo easily.

Hope I helped cause I was wondering why sometimes it would look great at the end of the day and sometimes it looked awful. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy