Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Listen to vintage oldies radio stations online!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just found this, you can listen to all your 40's and 50's music.

www.live365.com

Just pop into their search engine the name of someone like Ella Fitzgerald, Fats Domino, ...or whoever, and it will throw up a number of stations they have with that music in it!

I'm just listening to a 40's swing one now, having made my expresso in my Gaggia Italian coffee machine, YEP! I am a coffee aficionado and love to grind my beans in the morning (steady TIGER!!). Now, just need my Bushmills chaser and a Cohibo!

Michaelson

One Too Many
THANK YOU!!! I've been listening to ragtime for the last 2 days, and enjoying every minute of it! GREAT find, and much appreciated! High regards. Michaelson

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by Chamorro
Since you brought it up, I just started moonlighting (literally) over here:

http://fabulous570.com/

You can listen live on the Web. 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Sun thru Thurs, PST. No, my name and pic aren't up yet up yet. Write my name and station down if you get an Arbitron diary. ;)

Hey now... This look like my kind of station! I really dig lounge music.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hummmm

Unfortunately, I can't get it to play any musici. What am I doing wrong? I even got the Napster download...... but no soap. I have RealPlayer and Netscape, as well as the Window's media player. Should I make one a default over the others? Zohar, what do you use?

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Did you download the player the LIve 365 player? You will need this for it to work. Find a station, click th "Play" button, and you should get a pop-up that will ask you to download a small player file. It should work after this. It did for me.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Nothin like some great jazz while surfing around the Lounge. I used to do that at school often, surf here and listen to a great swing station online. Thank god is over now, lol for good. LA BOUND.:cool2:

pafc

New in Town
ive been listeing to KLAC for about an hour now, and it is awesome! not only that, i find it amusing that i can listen to a southern california radio station as i sit in my house in jersey. then again, i am easily amused. :)

oh man, Sinatra at Six! i wish we had one of these stations in the NYC region

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner