Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Listening to music

Novella

Practically Family
I use to never just sit and listen to music because I felt like I was wasting time. Music has always been a seasoning to whatever else I'm doing. I mostly listen to music when I'm writing (academic or for fun), when I'm in the car, or when I'm exercising or feel like dancing around. Sometimes I go on walks with music to set the mood.

The better question when it comes to music preferences, is what do I not listen to. The answer to that is modern country pop, some really sugary sweet pop tunes and rap that gets too nasty(I like slyly dirty songs like Cliff Edwards' "I'm going to give it to Mary with love" but not when it gets spelled out in detail and lacks a clever touch).

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Mike in Seattle said:
Which streams or podcasts on iTunes do you recommend?

Great podcasts include Out of the Past - which talks about film noir movies, there are several old radio ones, the GQ podcast is entertaining. For a big laugh try Decoder Ring Theater featuring 2 adventures - the Red Panda ( a superhero one) and Black Jack Justice (a hardboilder detective). They come from a group out of Canada but the writing is totally retro and tounge-in-cheek.

As for streams, under radio, there is the 1920's radio network and Secret Agent Music, which is cool lounge and techno with James Bond clips sprinkled in as bumpers. Jazz theme as the public radio station out of Long Beach, CA plus on called Cool Jazz, featuring Chet Baker and West Coast sounds.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner