Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LizzieMaine on TV

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I imagine she looked, and spoke, better than anyone else who knows anything that happened during three months in early 1931. Historians, by and large, are dowdy drones, and those who aren't tend to be redfaced and bombastic. (Laura Hillenbrand is one exception, but she doesn't have anywhere near Lizzie's style.)

Lizzie, maybe you're blessed that you never acquired that PhD.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine on History Detectives

Great job, Lizzie!:eusa_clap

Somehow I missed the announcement thread, so was I ever surprised! It was the highlight of my evening.

So, did a copy of the disc end up archived anywhere? That's quite a find.

Brad

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Oh my gosh~ I just finished watching it! This 'History Detectives' seems like a great show. I recognized her right away~ how very interesting! Good job, Miss Lizzie!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's certainly nice to see all of this support for our very own LizzieMaine!! I can't wait to catch the episode. I'm hoping for a rerun tomorrow, luckily they do play this show a few times during the week. Just check your local listings if you missed it, it's sure to be on again:)

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I have it on my DVR!

Lizzie!

Awesome job! I watch that show all the time and I would have to say that I've always wondered if Tukufu was as tall as he looks on the tube. Is he?

FG.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some kind soul post this on YouTube and then link here please :)

Could someone do this please? so that we can all share in Lizzie's TV appearance. Thanks..in anticipation!!:eusa_clap

FedoraGent

One Too Many
HappyLuvFilmGuy

PADDY said:
Could someone do this please? so that we can all share in Lizzie's TV appearance. Thanks..in anticipation!!:eusa_clap

I don't have a capture card or I woudl do it. It seems to me that the person that would be good for this is HappyLuvFilmGuy.

FG.

Flivver

Practically Family
Fantastic job Lizzie!

I'm not sure what they needed those other "experts" for when they had you. IMHO you would have done a better job on the A&A history and on discussing the disc itself.

I was also interested to learn that the program in question aired on March 5, 1931...exactly 20 years before my birthday!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
FedoraGent said:
Lizzie!

Awesome job! I watch that show all the time and I would have to say that I've always wondered if Tukufu was as tall as he looks on the tube. Is he?

FG.

He sure is -- I'm 5' 6", and he made me look diminutive, so I'd guess he's at least 6' 5" or so. A very nice gentleman, by the way, with fine taste in hats!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I just happened to see the show last night. I was fixing dinner and happened to be in the living room for a moment. I didn't recognize you at first, Lizzie, but after a minute, I thought, that's got to be LizzieMaine! I thought you came across very well.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I caught the scene where the aluminum record with Amos n' Andy, "WOW"
was handed over, but returned to the White Sox/Devil Rays game. :(

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
WOW? That can't possibly refer to the then NBC affiliate in Omaha, could it? Almost every surviving air check from those days was made either in NY or Chicago.

You must just be saying "Wow!" and quoting yourself.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
WOW? That can't possibly refer to the then NBC affiliate in Omaha, could it? Almost every surviving air check from those days was made either in NY or Chicago.

You must just be saying "Wow!" and quoting yourself.

No, Fletch, the words Amos n' Andy and WOW were inked across
a strip of tape on the record itself.

I then returned to baseball.... I didn't know Lizzie was going to be on....:(

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I caught it by accident, my hubby was channel surfing and he stopped there and we commented on the hair and suddenly I realised it was Lizzie, well I shoud say, I was sure it was as I had not seen this thread. I thought you were great and looked wonderful.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Lizzie,

It was so fun to see you on the t.v. A very fun episode! You looked very lovely and so much a lady! I hope it was fun for you too!

Shellie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari