Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LizzieMaine on TV

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
FedoraGent said:
I don't have a capture card or I woudl do it. It seems to me that the person that would be good for this is HappyLuvFilmGuy.

FG.

If I had known about it earlier, I would have. But Lizzie can request a copy of the interview or even the entire episode from PBS if she hasn't already.

Lizzie, is there any chance that you have made the request or could? :)

Doh!

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
He sure is -- I'm 5' 6", and he made me look diminutive, so I'd guess he's at least 6' 5" or so. A very nice gentleman, by the way, with fine taste in hats!

Did you politely suggest the gentleman get a reblock? His brim could use some work...

Great job; I loved how not only did you know how aluminum records were made, but provided an illustration of the machine that made them!

Man, I wish History Detectives was year-round instead of just summers.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
WTTW Chicago will rebroadcast the program July 1-2. :)

(When I caught the snippet the other evening, I asked myself why they
didn't just contact Lizzie---and I guess they did...lol )

Jovan

Suspended
Ah, I finally see where my post was redirected.

'Grats. The History Detectives was on, and on my way upstairs I caught a glimpse of you and was like, "Holy crap, is that who I think it is?! It can't be." I didn't catch the part where they said what your name was, so I wasn't 100% sure until now. [huh]

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Harp said:
WTTW Chicago will rebroadcast the program July 1-2. :)

(When I caught the snippet the other evening, I asked myself why they
didn't just contact Lizzie---and I guess they did...lol )

Someone in Chicago record it! Please... :)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
First we must know whether Lizzie will permit it. It is her interview after all. I wouldn't upload it without her permission. If someone can record it, and could send it to me (unless they can upload it themselves), I will gladly upload it, not to YouTube, though. But first we must get Miss Lizzie's approval. :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
As far as uploading goes, unfortunately permission's not mine to give. If it was, I wouldn't mind, but the program's under copyright to its production company, not to me. So for those who'd still like to see it, all I can suggest is keeping an eye on your local PBS schedule for the repeat...

panamag8or

Practically Family
Lizzie's segment isn't on the PBS site, yet. They do have the Kennedy 3-D screen segment online, so hopefully her segment won't be far behind.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap Nice work, Lizzie maine.
I missed the episode but got the PDF (thanks ITG) and am most impressed.
I would like to have seen the episode anyway because I've enjoyed Amos and Andy. I think of them as precursors to Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I turned on my local PBS station this past Thursday expecting to view the LizzieMaine episode of the History Detectives.
The show that I saw featured puzzles of items believed to have come from a WWII kamikaze attack and a badge that may have belonged to a British soldier in the Revolutionary War. Since I consider myself to be a history buff I found this all quite fascinating, but I was so disappointed when I realized this was not Lizzie’s episode.
I will have the opportunity to view Lizzie this coming Thursday, July 5th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21