Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lone Wolf boots. Fit true to size?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There is no gamble ordering from us because the purchase is returnable. I think the convenience of a common language, extensive product knowledge, and service and care we offer is worth the price for every item we sell, but this is obviously not shared by all.
I would order through Charles at HPA if he has the boot you are looking for. I found him to be very helpful when it came to sizing a Buzz Rickson jacket I was interested in. I also really like the fact that you can return and exchange an item for the proper size if you don’t get it right the first time.

Colin G

One Too Many
I would order through Charles at HPA if he has the boot you are looking for. I found him to be very helpful when it came to sizing a Buzz Rickson jacket I was interested in. I also really like the fact that you can return and exchange an item for the proper size if you don’t get it right the first time.

They have one of the styles I like but not in my colour preference. If a colour was ordered in and the boot did not fit, I'd be stuck with it I am certain.

HPA Rep

Vendor

Thank you, El Marro!

Colin G

One Too Many
I ordered a Lone Wolf Wood Cutter boot in a size 8 so I will report back here on fit when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

I bought off of Ebay and the seller has an 8.5 so I can exchange if the size 8 does not fit. A bit more cash than buying off of Rakuten but I have peace of mind knowing I can exchange a size if needed.

Too bad HPA does not stock this model.

edmond

Vendor
i wear 8.5e on alden barrie last and i would do a size 8 on the lonewolf boots from sugarcane.. they fit huge!

Colin G

One Too Many
i wear 8.5e on alden barrie last and i would do a size 8 on the lonewolf boots from sugarcane.. they fit huge!

I dropped a size from my normal shoe size. I am normally a US 9 and ordered an 8 in the Lone Wolf.

I am unfamiliar with how Alden sizes but from what I have read on line, I think an Alden fits a 1/2 size off. I am a US 9 so in an Alden I'd be an 8.5 ect.

Fingers crossed.

HPA Rep

Vendor
I ordered a Lone Wolf Wood Cutter boot in a size 8 so I will report back here on fit when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

I bought off of Ebay and the seller has an 8.5 so I can exchange if the size 8 does not fit. A bit more cash than buying off of Rakuten but I have peace of mind knowing I can exchange a size if needed.

Too bad HPA does not stock this model.

We don't stock the style, but we can get anything the brand offers. We can get anything from Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson's, etc., as long as it is available in the Tokyo warehouse. This particular model could have been arriving this week with a shipment that left for us on Friday. We also know how the various styles fit.

Big7

One of the Regulars
Colin, did you ever get the shoes ? How is the fit ? I emailed HPA last weekend, but never heard back, so I guess will be getting it from Rakuten.
Not sure yet if I want to go with Lone wolf mechanic or Toys McCoy Surveyor

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colin, did you ever get the shoes ? How is the fit ? I emailed HPA last weekend, but never heard back, so I guess will be getting it from Rakuten.
They are actually quite different. Lone Wolf has a close to Munson last while the TM has a sharper round toe. TM uses a bookbinder type of leather.

HPA Rep

Vendor

I do not know your name to search in any other form, but all e-mails on the subject of Lone Wolf boots from last week have been sent a reply. Please check your JUNK and SPAM folders. Do you normally assume every e-mail is received and cannot possibly suffer from any number of technical issues attendant to that mode of communication and give up after sending just one e-mail? I suggest sending again or messaging me here and I'll be happy to respond. Thank you.

HPA Rep

Vendor
They are actually quite different. Lone Wolf has a close to Munson last while the TM has a sharper round toe. TM uses a bookbinder type of leather.

It is correct that the Mechanic employs a last very similar to the famous Munson, but the sizes changed several years ago, so a Mechanic from, say, 4 years ago will fit a half size larger than the same style made in the last 2-3 years.

Colin G

One Too Many
It is correct that the Mechanic employs a last very similar to the famous Munson, but the sizes changed several years ago, so a Mechanic from, say, 4 years ago will fit a half size larger than the same style made in the last 2-3 years.

I'd like to know since I plan on ordering a black Mechanic boot from you (HPA) in the near future. Same fit as a Red Wing heritage and drop down a size from normal sneaker size?

Do you have an 8 in stock or is it something you have to order in?

HPA Rep

Vendor
how will we know if the lw mechanic i have will have the old size or the new size?

There is really no way to tell between the old and the new other than by how they fit: I measure as a size 10D on the Brannock device and wear size 9 in the old style and size 9 1/2 in the new style.

HPA Rep

Vendor
I'd like to know since I plan on ordering a black Mechanic boot from you (HPA) in the near future. Same fit as a Red Wing heritage and drop down a size from normal sneaker size?

Do you have an 8 in stock or is it something you have to order in?

On the new Mechanic boots, you would go down a half size from a Brannock measure. We have all sizes in stock right now, but my crystal ball for future ordering has never worked very well. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto